Go to main content
TCU's fourth quarterly report of 2023 released
The following is issued on behalf of the Transport Advisory Committee:
     The Transport Complaints Unit (TCU) of the Transport Advisory Committee received 10 851 complaints and suggestions in the fourth quarter of 2023, with 291 being pure suggestions.
     The complaints and suggestions received during the quarter were mostly related to public transport services (87 per cent), enforcement matters (7 per cent) and traffic conditions (5 per cent).
     The number of cases on public transport services decreased from 10 439 in the previous quarter to 9 448 this quarter, while that on illegal parking and other enforcement matters increased from 656 to 764. The number of complaints and suggestions on traffic conditions increased from 267 to 529 and that on road maintenance decreased from 59 to 37.
     All the complaints and suggestions received by the TCU in the quarter were referred to the relevant government departments and public transport operators for follow-up action.
     During the period under review, investigations into 8 314 cases were completed. Of these, 7 492 cases (90 per cent) were found to be substantiated, seven cases (less than 1 per cent) were unsubstantiated, and the remaining 815 cases (10 per cent) could not be pursued due to lack of evidence.
     For the substantiated cases, the relevant government departments and public transport operators have either taken steps to rectify the situation or are considering possible solutions to the problems identified. Among these cases, 17 drivers were summonsed by Police.
     During the quarter, the relevant government departments and public transport operators took on board 11 suggestions made by the public to enhance public transport services and improve traffic conditions. A summary of the cases is in the Appendix.
     Members of the public may make their suggestions or complaints to the TCU by dialling the hotline 2889 9999 (voice mail service is available outside office hours), by fax to 2577 1858, by email to info@tcu.gov.hk or by filling in a form on the TCU website (www.tcu.gov.hk).
Ends/Wednesday, March 27, 2024
Issued at HKT 17:22
Today's Press Releases