LCSD public service arrangements during Lunar New Year holidays
After the closure during the first two days of the Lunar New Year, some sports centres, squash courts, tennis courts, turf pitches, bowling greens, Tuen Mun Recreation and Sports Centre, the archery range at Ngau Chi Wan Park and the sports facilities and squash courts at Queen Elizabeth Stadium will reopen on the third day of the Lunar New Year (January 24).
Apart from the above facilities, sports centres, various fee-charging land-based facilities, swimming pools and water sports centres will be closed during the first three days of the Lunar New Year (January 22 to 24). Services at gazetted beaches will also be suspended. Stadia and all sports grounds will be closed unless advance bookings have been made.
Holiday camps will be closed during the first three days of the Lunar New Year and lodging will not be provided on Lunar New Year's Eve (January 21).
Leisure Link booking counters at venues will not operate when the venues are closed. For venues scheduled to reopen on January 24, their Leisure Link booking counters will also resume operation on the same day.
Details of the opening arrangements for LCSD recreation and sports venues during the Lunar New Year holidays have been posted at all venues and uploaded to the department's website (www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/facilities/facilitieslist.html).
Regarding cultural venues, the opening hours of performance venues and URBTIX outlets during the Lunar New Year holidays are listed in Annex 1. From January 21 to 25 (Lunar New Year's Eve to the fourth day of the Lunar New Year), the URBTIX Internet booking (www.urbtix.hk) and the mobile ticketing app URBTIX (Android and iPhone/iPad versions) will maintain normal services, and both the telephone booking hotline 3166 1288 and the ticketing enquiries and customer service hotline 3166 1100 will provide normal services from 10am to 8pm daily.
The opening hours of the 15 museums and two visual art centres (see Annex 2) under the LCSD during Lunar New Year holidays are as follow:
* Lunar New Year's Eve (January 21): All museums and cultural spaces will be closed at 5pm.
* The first two days of the Lunar New Year (January 22 and 23): All closed.
* The third day of the Lunar New Year (January 24): Except for the Hong Kong Visual Arts Centre, all venues will open as usual.
* The fourth day of the Lunar New Year (January 25): All venues will resume normal opening hours.
All Hong Kong public libraries (except for South Lamma Public Library which is closed on Saturdays), mobile libraries and students' study rooms will be closed at 5pm on Lunar New Year's Eve (January 21).
All Hong Kong public libraries, mobile libraries and students' study rooms will be closed during the first three days of the Lunar New Year (January 22 to 24). The opening hours of all public libraries on the fourth day of the Lunar New Year (January 25) will be the same as those for public holidays.
Moreover, system maintenance work of public libraries will be carried out from 00.30am on January 22 to 11.59pm on January 23, during which the following services will be suspended:
* library mobile app services and Internet and telephone renewal services;
* other online library services, including the library catalogue, borrowers' record enquiries, reservation of library materials and Internet and Digital Service Workstations and electronic resources (e-books and e-databases); and
* self-service library stations (readers may still return books to the stations before the due date, and the loan record will be updated on the next working day).
Ends/Sunday, January 8, 2023
Issued at HKT 11:00
Issued at HKT 11:00