Hong Kong team wins 16 awards at 21st APICTA Awards
The annual event is a valuable platform for information and communications technology (ICT) talent in the Asia Pacific region to exchange ideas and forge new partnerships. This year, the Hong Kong Computer Society (HKCS) organised and mentored a delegation of 18 teams to participate in the event.
The following projects from HKSAR shone at the competition and were winners among 206 entries:
- Smart City Management - The Regional Digital Control Centre (RDCC) & AI Platform by the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, Hong Kong SAR Government (Technology category - Big Data Analytics)
- C-Smart All-in-one Smart Construction Integrated Platform by China State Construction Engineering (Hong Kong) Limited (Industrial category - Engineering & Construction)
- R2C2 ARC by R2C2 Limited (Technology category - Internet of Things)
- Chinese Medicine Products Traceability and Verification Platform by FILIX MedTech Limited and Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (Research and Development category)
- MRRAED: Mixed Reality Rehabilitation Activities for Elderly with Dementia by German Swiss International School (Senior Students category)
- Mutual Cognitive Human-Robot Collaborative Manufacturing System by the Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Tertiary Students category)
- Liquid Corporate Digital Verifiable Credentials by PaySmart Capital Limited (Business Service category - Security solutions)
- Chinese Medicine Products Traceability and Verification Platform by FILIX MedTech Limited and Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong (Consumer category - Retail and Distribution)
- Belun® remoVital Monitoring System by Belun Technology Company Limited (Inclusions and Community Services category - Health & Wellbeing)
- R2C2 ARC by R2C2 Limited (Industrial category - Engineering & Construction)
- Belun® remoVital Monitoring System by Belun Technology Company Limited (Technology category - Internet of Things)
- Centralised Smart Building Monitoring System by the Urban Renewal Authority (Public Sector and Government category - Government & Citizen Services)
- Caelus by Ju Ching Chu Secondary School (Junior Students category)
- EMG Rehab System by Christian Alliance SW Chan Memorial College (Senior Students category)
- Streaming Hub by Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Shatin) (Tertiary Students category)
- ETBadge by Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education (Tuen Mun) (Tertiary Students category)
The Government Chief Information Officer, Mr Victor Lam, congratulated all winning teams today (December 13) and said, "We are thrilled by Hong Kong Special Administrative Region delegation's remarkable results. This is a good testimony to the innovation and accomplishments of our ICT professionals and students. With the ICT products and applications showcased to participants from other economies, this also helps enhance Hong Kong's international profile as a centre of IT excellence. The National 14th Five-Year Plan fully demonstrates the great importance our country attaches to the innovation and technology (I&T) development in Hong Kong and the HKSAR Government spares no effort in achieving the goal to develop Hong Kong into a world-class international I&T hub."
To help students move beyond local boundaries, the Government sponsored six tertiary students to participate in person at the event this year. Mr Lam noted that the opportunity to compete and exchange with regional top players was certainly eye-opening and rewarding for the students.
As a side event, the Hong Kong Reception was hosted by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council and the HKCS in Islamabad on December 10. Mr Lam expressed heartfelt gratitude to the two organisations for the great opportunity which enabled members of the delegation to present their insights, innovative ideas and technology solutions to representatives from other participating economies.
The HKCS also announced today that the HKSAR will host the 22nd APICTA Awards next year, which will be the third time for Hong Kong to host this annual signature ICT event in the Asia Pacific region.
Ends/Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Issued at HKT 11:00
Issued at HKT 11:00