Christmas pop-up events present Harbourfront is One and All (with photos)
Inheriting the concept of Harbourfront is One and All, the Christmas activities are held under the theme "Your Show Time" at seven harbourfront sites, namely the Belcher Bay Promenade in Kennedy Town, the Connector in Admiralty along the promenade between Tamar Park and the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre, the HarbourChill in Wan Chai, the Water Sports and Recreation Precinct in Wan Chai, the Revitalised Typhoon Shelter Precinct in Causeway Bay, the East Coast Park Precinct in Fortress Hill and the Tsuen Wan Promenade. Each of the sites has been turned into Christmas performance stages where the public can enjoy the shows with the dazzling harbour as a backdrop.
Each of the seven harbourfront sites is decorated with a Christmas tree and installations under the theme of a particular music or dance style:
- A gigantic 11-metre-tall waltz-themed Christmas tree is erected at the HarbourChill in Wan Chai, accompanied by Christmas orchestral music from a music box installation to create a romantic atmosphere;
- Local artist Messy Desk has designed a colourful, pop music-themed Christmas tree for the Belcher Bay Promenade in Kennedy Town. Children can play in the music tunnels under the tree and ride the mini music carts;
- The Connector in Admiralty along the promenade between Tamar Park and the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre is decorated with snowy lights and Christmas sledges, as well as a Christmas tree showcasing the graceful dancing posture of ballerinas to portray a ballet theme;
- The highlight of the Water Sports and Recreation Precinct in Wan Chai is a Christmas tree made of LED lights with rock music as the theme. The brightly coloured inflatable installations of rock music instruments further inject an energetic Christmas vibe to the site;
- At the Revitalised Typhoon Shelter Precinct in Causeway Bay, a ribbon-wrapped Christmas tree presents an elegant swirling visual effect. People can imitate different ribbon dance postures with the installations on-site;
- Under the theme of jazz music, the Christmas tree at the East Coast Park Precinct in Fortress Hill is made of metal chimes of various lengths, transforming it into a percussion instrument. A number of three-dimensional Christmas installations are also available at the venue; and
- The Tsuen Wan Promenade carries the theme of tap dancing. Adorable little penguins showing tap dancing poses bring a lively rhythm to the promenade.
The Government and the Harbourfront Commission will arrange music shows, ribbon dance performances and Christmas workshops at four harbourfront sites, namely the Belcher Bay Promenade in Kennedy Town, the HarbourChill in Wan Chai, the Water Sports and Recreation Precinct in Wan Chai and the Tsuen Wan Promenade, for three consecutive weekends starting tomorrow (December 10). Members of the public are welcome to join the activities which are free of charge. For details on the activities, please visit the Harbourfront Commission’s website (www.hfc.org.hk/en/hss/index.html).
The Christmas pop-up installations and activities are under the exclusive sponsorship of the Hong Kong Jockey Club as one of the initiatives to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.
Ends/Friday, December 9, 2022
Issued at HKT 15:00
Issued at HKT 15:00