Water Supplies Department public services arrangements
* The Customer Enquiries Centre (CEC) in Wan Chai will continue to be open with opening hours from 10am to 4pm from Monday to Friday. The CECs in Tai Kok Tsui, Sha Tin, Tai Po and Tuen Mun will be closed;
* The Document Management Centre (DMC) located on 43/F, Immigration Tower, Wan Chai, will continue to receive submissions of documents, including water supply applications and plumbing proposals. Processing of these submissions will be prioritised according to their category, urgency and other factors. The opening hours of DMC will be from 10am to 4pm from Monday to Friday;
* The 24-hour Customer Services Hotline (2824 5000) will handle emergency and general enquiries as normal. Enquiries on account matters or applications for change of consumership will be diverted to voice mail as necessary. The voice messages will be replied to as soon as possible;
* The H2OPE Centre (Water Resources Public Education Centre) will be closed;
* The "Excursion with Water Save Dave" Visiting Programme for individuals and groups will continue to be cancelled; and
* Routine meter readings at high-risk locations need to be suspended. For affected customers, the WSD will issue water bills to them after resumption of routine meter readings with water consumption calculated according to the last and the latest actual meter readings for the combined period of the relevant billing cycles for issue of the water bills. Please refer to the WSD website (www.wsd.gov.hk/en/customer-services/manage-account-and-water-bills/water-sewage-tariff/index.html) for details of the above calculation of water charges.
The arrangements above will remain effective until further notice. Due to the special work arrangements, the processing of various enquiries and applications may take a longer time. For cases with time constraint, applications should be made as early as possible to allow ample time for processing. An appeal is made to the public to minimise visiting the CEC and DMC in person unless necessary. The public should consider filing enquiries as well as requests for service through the Customer Services Hotline or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Ends/Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Issued at HKT 17:35
Issued at HKT 17:35