LCSD's heated swimming pools open in winter
The list of swimming pools providing heated swimming facilities during winter can be found in the attachment. Of them, individual swimming pools will be temporarily closed during certain periods in winter for maintenance works. Details are as follows:
|Swimming pool||Period of temporary closure|
|Wan Chai Swimming Pool||December 1, 2020, to January 20, 2021|
|Kwun Tong Swimming Pool||January 2 to February 21, 2021|
|Victoria Park Swimming Pool||February 22 to April 23, 2021|
|Sham Shui Po Park Swimming Pool||February 24 to April 15, 2021|
In addition, Kowloon Tsai Swimming Pool without heated swimming facilities will be open from 6.30am to noon daily from November 1 to 30. The swimming pool will then be temporarily closed from December 1, 2020, for a redevelopment project. It is anticipated to be reopened in 2024-25.
In view of the latest situation of COVID-19, the LCSD's currently adopted special measures at public swimming pools will continue. The measures include:
- Temporarily limiting the number of users in swimming pools suitably to maintain distance among swimmers, and opening some pool facilities only;
- Distributing numbered tickets to people lining up when the numbers of users in swimming pools have reached the temporary maximum pool capacity, and reminding them to take note of the numbers shown on the queuing board in order to avoid people gathering;
- Arranging body temperature screening for all people before entering swimming pools. Those with symptoms such as fever or respiratory illness will not be allowed to enter the swimming pools;
- Ensuring appropriate distance between users of shower facilities, with shower heads which are not within individual cubicles being open but at 1.5 metres apart;
- Except when playing team sports in block-booked swimming pools, no more than four persons per training group/class including the coach should be arranged for team training. There must be a distance of at least 1.5m between each training group/class. For a training group/class of more than four persons, it must be conducted in a way to ensure that persons are arranged in sub-groups of no more than four persons and there is a distance of at least 1.5m between each sub-group; and
- Closing spectator stands at swimming pools temporarily.
For details of the opening arrangements and the schedule of the weekly cleaning operations of the public swimming pools, please visit the following websites: www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/beach/swim-intro/swim-location-hk.html (for swimming pools in Hong Kong Island and Kowloon) and www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/beach/swim-intro/swim-location-nt.html (for swimming pools in the New Territories).
Ends/Friday, October 30, 2020
Issued at HKT 11:00
Issued at HKT 11:00