Latest arrangements for services of EPD
(1) The instant call answering service of the EPD's general customer service hotline (2838 3111) will resume in a limited scale, with operating hours between 8.30am and 6.30pm from Monday to Friday. Since the EPD has reduced the number of staff answering calls to increase distancing among staff, the waiting time is expected to be longer for connecting to the service hotline. Members of the public can also leave voice messages or make enquiries by email (email@example.com).
(2) Counter and licence application services of three EPD regional offices will resume during adjusted office hours (10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday):
- 8/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon;
- 8/F, Tsuen Wan Government Offices, 38 Sai Lau Kok Road, Tsuen Wan, New Territories; and
- 10/F, Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin, New Territories.
Counter and licence application services of the other two regional offices will continue to be temporarily suspended:
- 5/F, Nan Fung Commercial Centre, 19 Lam Lok Street, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon; and
- 2/F, Chinachem Exchange Square, 1 Hoi Wan Street, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
Members of the public may also place application documents in the drop-in boxes located at the above five regional offices (opening hours of the drop-in boxes: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), or submit applications online or by post. The EPD will continue to process all licence applications as normal.
(3) Members of the public can place their applications for vehicle exhaust and noise emissions compliance/exemption with relevant documents in the drop-in box located at the EPD's office at 34/F, Revenue Tower, 5 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, during office hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday). The applicants will be informed of the collection arrangement for the approved letters.
(4) Members of the public can submit their applications and submissions under the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance to the EPD's office located at 27/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, during office hours (9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
(5) Members of the public can submit applications for non-road mobile machinery online (nrmm.epd.gov.hk/application/common/home), and registrations and enquiries for the "Waste Cooking Oils" Scheme by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (address: Waste Reduction and Recycling Section (4), Environmental Protection Department, 5/F, Centre Parc, 11 Sheung Yuet Road, Kowloon Bay).
(6) For the Construction Waste Disposal Charging Scheme, members of the public may call 2872 1838 for application for an account, call 2872 1854 or 2872 1856 for chits application and billing account enquiries, or email email@example.com for any of the above enquiries. The operating hours of the telephone enquiry service are 9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
(7) For Waste Transfer Service Accounts, members of the public may call 2872 1704 (9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.
In addition to the services above, the EPD is gradually stepping up inspections and investigations to accelerate the handling of enquiries and complaints. If necessary, the EPD may also arrange virtual or face-to-face meetings with contractors, consultants and the trade.
Regarding EPD facilities, the WEEE•PARK visitor centre, the T•PARK visitor centre, the EcoPark visitor centre, Environmental Resource Centres and the facilities at restored landfills will continue to be temporarily closed. All Community Green Stations remain open to collect recyclables, while visitor and education programmes as well as kerbside collection service will continue to be suspended until further notice.
Ends/Friday, August 21, 2020
Issued at HKT 19:08
Issued at HKT 19:08