Hong Kong Flower Show 2020 commercial stalls to be auctioned on December 4
Bidders must be 18 years old or above and ordinarily resident in Hong Kong under section 2 of the Immigration Ordinance (Cap. 115). Any company incorporated in Hong Kong can also take part in the auctions. Each bidder can bid for one stall or more.
Organised by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department (LCSD), the 10-day flower show will be held from March 6 to 15, 2020, at Victoria Park.
There will be 55 commercial stalls in the showground. This year, the stall types and the categories of commodities to be sold have been further optimised. The stall types are as follows:
(1) Fast food stall (5 metres x 10m): 6
(2) Fast food stall - floral cafe (5m x 10m): 1
(3) Beverage stall (5m x 5m): 2
(4) Agricultural produce stall (5m x 5m): 3
(5) Handicraft stall (5m x 5m): 2
(6) Traditional snack food stall (5m x 5m): 1
(7) Photographic equipment stall (5m x 5m): 1
(8) Book stall (5m x 10m): 1
(9) Flower and gardening stall (5m x 5m): 38
In light of the economic downturn, upset prices of 2020 HKFS commercial stalls have been halved from those of last year with an aim of supporting small and medium-sized enterprises. Details of the auctions are as follows:
Auction time: 10am to noon
Stall types and upset prices:
(1) Fast food stall: $15,155
(2) Fast food stall - floral cafe: $15,155
(3) Beverage stall: $15,155
(4) Agricultural produce stall: $11,370
(5) Handicraft stall: $11,370
(6) Traditional snack food stall: $11,370
(7) Photographic equipment stall: $11,370
(8) Book stall: $7,750
Auction time: 2.30pm to 5.30pm
Stall type and upset price:
(1) Flower and gardening stall: $11,370
Location and layout plans showing the commercial stalls to be auctioned are on display at the following venues:
(1) All District Leisure Services Offices of the LCSD;
(2) The Lift Lobby at 11/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1-3 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin; and
(3) All Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of the Home Affairs Department.
The LCSD reminds licensees that the stalls are solely for the purpose of selling and promoting the sale of the permitted commodities or fast food, and no other activities are allowed in the licenced area. If the LCSD considers that any activity conducted by the licensee to publicise, promote, display, show or sell any permitted commodities in the venue is unlawful, immoral or incompatible with the object of the HKFS, the LCSD is entitled to direct the licensee to stop conducting such an activity and the licensee must immediately comply with such direction.
Successful bidders must comply with all the stipulations and provisions as set out in the licence agreement. Otherwise, the department is entitled to terminate the agreement and the licensee shall immediately vacate the stall.
Interested parties should fully consider all the relevant arrangements of the HKFS announced by the LCSD before participating in the bidding. The department will closely monitor the latest situation. Suspension or cancellation of the show for public safety or other reasons after successful bidding will not be ruled out. Refund arrangements will be made in accordance with the relevant clauses of the licence agreement with the licensee
For enquiries, please call 2601 8260 or visit www.hkflowershow.hk/en/hkfs/2020/commercial.html.
Ends/Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Issued at HKT 16:00
Issued at HKT 16:00