Traditional Chinese Simplified Chinese Email this article
About 1 200 vacancies on offer at job fair for middle-aged and elderly

     The Labour Department will hold a large-scale job fair at Lai Kok Community Hall in Cheung Sha Wan on March 3.

     Under the theme of "middle-aged and elderly employment", the job fair aims to enhance the employment opportunities for mature job seekers. A total of 20 organisations, mainly from the property management, transport and communication industry, offering about 1 200 vacancies, will participate at the fair. Participating organisations will set up counters and conduct on-the-spot recruitment.

     The vacancies offered cover a wide variety of positions such as clerk, library assistant, security guard, ward aide, shop assistant, cook, technician, driver, packaging worker, cleaner, cinema service assistant and more. Job seekers can find more information on the department's Interactive Employment Service website (

     Around 77 per cent of the vacancies are full-time jobs, most of which offer monthly salaries ranging from $8,000 to $13,000. The remaining 23 per cent of the vacancies are part-time jobs, with more flexible working hours. About 99 per cent of the vacancies require a Secondary Six education level or below. Around 60 per cent are open to job seekers who may lack relevant experience.

     Job seekers can submit applications on the spot and may be selected for on-site interviews. They can also register for employment services and enquire about the Work Incentive Transport Subsidy Scheme at the Labour Department's counter.

     The job fair will be held from 11am to 5.30pm at Lai Kok Community Hall, Lai Kok Estate, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon. Admission is free.

Ends/Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Issued at HKT 11:00


Print this page