Go to main content
 
Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme recognises exemplary construction safety performances (with photos)
******************************************************************************************
     The 31st Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme Award Presentation Ceremony, co-organised by the Development Bureau (DEVB) and the Construction Industry Council (CIC), was held today (August 29) to commend construction contractors, site supervising teams, project leaders, frontline supervisors and workers with outstanding safety performances. Over 400 public and private construction sites participated in the Scheme this year.
      
     Speaking at the ceremony, the Permanent Secretary for Development (Works), Mr Ricky Lau, reiterated the three virtues of "wisdom, humanity, and courage" from the Analects of Confucius, which had previously been illustrated by the Secretary for Development, to promote site safety by embracing technology, demonstrating care, and being willing to take on responsibilities. He also stressed the clear and firm stance of the Government regarding site safety, giving it top priority as it is a shared responsibility for everyone. He called on the industry to cultivate a good site safety culture and to enhance awareness that all site staff should fulfil their responsibilities and play their roles. He said that the industry should adopt innovative technologies alongside traditional safety management measures to address the current challenges of site safety.
      
     Also officiating at the ceremony, the Chairman of the CIC, Professor Thomas Ho, said that the construction industry shoulders the crucial mission of promoting the “spirit of craftsmanship”. He encouraged the industry to promote the culture of considerate construction sites and a culture of care, where workers support and look out for one another. Practitioners should also uphold professional ethics, pursue excellence in quality of work, develop good working practices and fulfil their safety responsibilities.
      
     Awards were presented to a total of 66 construction sites this year and the list of awardees of the Scheme is available on the website of Construction Safety Week (www.safetyweek.hk).
 
Ends/Friday, August 29, 2025
Issued at HKT 18:48
NNNN
Today's Press Releases  

Photo

Construction contractors, site supervising teams, project leaders, frontline supervisors and workers with outstanding safety performances were commended at the 31st Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme Award Presentation Ceremony today (August 29). Photo shows the Permanent Secretary for Development (Works), Mr Ricky Lau, delivering a speech.
Construction contractors, site supervising teams, project leaders, frontline supervisors and workers with outstanding safety performances were commended at the 31st Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme Award Presentation Ceremony today (August 29). Photo shows the Chairman of the Construction Industry Council, Professor Thomas Ho, delivering a speech.
Construction contractors, site supervising teams, project leaders, frontline supervisors and workers with outstanding safety performances were commended at the 31st Considerate Contractors Site Award Scheme Award Presentation Ceremony today (August 29). Photo shows (from left) the Executive Director of the Construction Industry Council (CIC), Mr Albert Cheng; the Chairperson of the Committee on Construction Safety of the CIC, Mr Rex Wong; the Chairman of the CIC, Professor Thomas Ho; the Permanent Secretary for Development (Works), Mr Ricky Lau; Principal Assistant Secretary for Development (Works) Mr Terence Lam; and  Chief Assistant Secretary for Development (Works) Mr Alan Wong.