Wealth for Good in Hong Kong summit's Guest Speaker List
Family Office Sharing Session:
- Paul Desmarais III (Chairman and CEO, Sagard)
- Efrat Peled (Chairman and CEO, Arison Investments)
- Kwok Kai-fai, Adam (Executive Director, Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited)
- Philip Sohmen (Founder and CEO, Kiri Capital)
Wealth for Tech:
- Richard Li (Chairman and Chief Executive, Pacific Century Group)
- Jerry Yang (Co-Founder and former CEO, Yahoo! Inc.; Founding Partner, AME Cloud Ventures)
- Neil Shen (Founding Managing Partner, Sequoia China)
- KK Wong (Co-Founder, Xiaomi; Director, Xiaomi Foundation)
Wealth for Philanthropy:
- Robert Rosen (Director, Philanthropic Partnerships, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation)
- Chen Chong (President and Party Secretary of the CPC Committee, Guoqiang Foundation; Non-executive Director, Country Garden Holdings Company Limited)
- Gabriel Leung (Executive Director, Charities and Community, The Hong Kong Jockey Club)
- Ronna Chao (CEO, Novel Investment Partners Limited)
Wealth for Green:
- Hiromichi Mizuno (Tesla Board member; Ex CIO, GPIF; Former United Nations Special Envoy for Innovative Finance & Sustainable Investments)
- Jean Eric Salata (Chairman, EQT Asia; Head, BPEA EQT)
- Jun Ma (Chairman and President, Hong Kong Green Finance Association)
- Fan Cheuk-wan (Chief Investment Officer, Asia, HSBC Global Private Banking and Wealth)
Wealth for Art:
- Noah Horowitz (CEO, Art Basel)
- Dr Uli Sigg (Collector, Entrepreneur, Former Diplomat, Sigg Collection)
- Bernard Charnwut Chan (Chairman, M Plus Museum Limited)
The WGHK summit will be attended by more than 100 decision makers from global family offices and their professional teams across Hong Kong, the Mainland, North America, Europe, other Asian regions, the Middle East and around the world.
In addition to the various exchange sessions at the summit, Invest Hong Kong will also present the Tai Hang Fire Dragon Dance, which has been suspended for three years due to the epidemic, at the Hong Kong Palace Museum, as a special performance for guests to experience Hong Kong's unique folk culture. This festive event goes back to the end of the 19th century and is on the National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage of China.
The Financial Secretary, Mr Paul Chan, said, "The WGHK summit is a global premier event for family offices. We look forward to showcasing Hong Kong's strengths and opportunities in asset and wealth management, innovation and technology, arts and culture, green development and philanthropy, thereby attracting more global family offices and asset owners to establish a presence in Hong Kong. On the day of the summit, the HKSAR Government will also release the 'Policy Statement on developing family office businesses in Hong Kong', announcing our policy directions for global family offices to drive positive impacts through wealth allocation."
The Secretary for Financial Services and the Treasury, Mr Christopher Hui, said, "The speakers and guests at the WGHK summit are decision makers of leading family offices and industry experts from all around the world, reflecting Hong Kong's unique attractiveness as an international asset and wealth management centre. I look forward to bringing global and Hong Kong family offices together at the WGHK summit to share the inspiring stories of Hong Kong as an international asset and wealth management centre."
Organised by the Financial Services and the Treasury Bureau and Invest Hong Kong, the WGHK summit will take place this Friday (March 24) at the Hong Kong Palace Museum.
Ends/Tuesday, March 21, 2023
Issued at HKT 9:45
Issued at HKT 9:45