Sai Kung Outdoor Recreation Centre to reopen on August 25
Major indoor facilities of the Centre to be reopened include badminton courts, a table tennis room, a sport climbing wall, a gateball court, a VR simulation room, a karaoke room, a children's play room, a dance room, snooker and American pool tables, squash courts and an arts and crafts room. Major outdoor facilities to be reopened include a swimming pool, an archery range, a basketball court, a rope course, a roller skating rink, a children's cycling area, a children's play area and an elderly fitness corner. The barbecue area, the mini-soccer pitch and tennis courts in the Centre will be temporarily closed.
The public should pay attention to the following measures while using the reopened facilities:
- In order to comply with the requirements stipulated in the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation (Cap. 599F) and relevant requirements of administrative instructions, the LCSD will ensure necessary measures to be adopted at the Centre. Users are required to scan the "LeaveHomeSafe" QR code before being allowed to enter the above facilities for necessary contact tracing if a confirmed case is found;
- Body temperature screening will be undertaken for all people before entering the above facilities. Those with symptoms such as fever or respiratory illness will not be allowed to enter the above facilities;
- In accordance with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Vaccine Pass) Regulation (Cap. 599L) and relevant requirements of administrative instructions, all persons entering or remaining at the above facilities must comply with the requirement of the Vaccine Pass. Starting from August 9, the Government has added the Red Code and the Amber Code into the Vaccine Pass to differentiate persons with higher risk of infection. Venue staff will deny entry of relevant persons to the Centre in accordance with relevant rules;
- Pursuant to the Prevention and Control of Disease (Wearing of Mask) Regulation (Cap. 599I), members of the public must wear masks at all times within the above facilities except when consuming a drink where reasonably necessary, exercising, consuming food/drinks at a table in catering premises, having a shower or being in a guest room;
- Members of the public must comply with provisions of the Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Gathering) Regulation (Cap. 599G). The number of people in group gatherings should not be more than that stipulated by the law. The quota of camp places will be adjusted and only bedrooms accommodating eight people will be provided in residential camps;
- For the adjustments on the number of users, the maximum capacity and other details relating to the affiliated recreational facilities, please refer to the notifications of individual venues; and
- Campers must comply with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation (Cap. 599F) announced by the Government and the regulations of individual venues.
The LCSD will pay close attention to the latest developments of the epidemic and review or revise the above reopening arrangements in due course.
Ends/Thursday, August 11, 2022
Issued at HKT 11:30
Issued at HKT 11:30