Government follows up on positive results of sewage surveillance and appeals to residents to undergo virus testing
As regards positive sewage testing results in Kwun Tong, Sha Tin, Sham Shui Po, Kwai Tsing, Eastern and Wong Tai Sin Districts, the Home Affairs Department (including Kwun Tong, Sha Tin, Sham Shui Po, Kwai Tsing, Eastern and Wong Tai Sin District Offices) will distribute COVID-19 rapid test kits to residents and all cleansing workers and property management staff working in the following areas (see Annex) starting from today (February 28) for them to take the test on their own, in order to help identifying infected persons –
- Sewage Testing Area Kwun Tong Site 2-7 SMPE 10A/B – Sau Ming House of Sau Mau Ping Estate, Kwun Tong
- Sewage Testing Area Shatin Site 1A WCE-14 – Foo Wo House of Wo Che Estate, Sha Tin
- Sewage Testing Area Sham Shui Po Site 3 FE-05 (Part) – Chun Lai House and Chun Yin House of Hang Chun Court, Sham Shui Po
- Sewage Testing Area Shatin Site STWE-03A/B/C – Foo Wai House of Sun Tin Wai Estate, Sha Tin
- Sewage Testing Area Kwai Chung Site 2 SL1E-03A/B/C – Shek Chun House of Shek Lei (I) Estate, Kwai Chung
- Sewage Testing Area Kwun Tong Site 2-1 (Part) – Tin Chu House, Tin Hang House, Tin Lok House and Tin Chi House of Shun Tin Estate, Kwun Tong
- Sewage Testing Area Kwun Tong Site 2-7 (Part) – Sau Wong House of Sau Mau Ping South Estate, Kwun Tong
- Sewage Testing Area Shatin Site 1A (Part) – Ming Shun Lau, Ming Yiu Lau and Ming Yan Lau of Jat Min Chuen, Sha Tin; Chun Wu House, Chun Sze House and Chun San House of Chun Yeung Estate, Sha Tin; and Sau Chuen House and Kwai Wo House of Lek Yuen Estate, Sha Tin
- Sewage Testing Area Sham Shui Po Site 2-2 (Part) – 68-70, 72-74, 76-68, 80-82, 84-86 and 88-90 Broadway Street, Mei Foo Sun Chuen, Sham Shui Po
- Sewage Testing Area Eastern Site 7A (Part) – Sui Fat House, Sui Fuk House and Sui Lung House of Siu Sai Wan Estate, Chai Wan
- Sewage Testing Area Wong Tai Sin Site 2-1 (Part) – Tung Wui Estate, Wong Tai Sin
In addition, the Eastern District Office of Home Affairs Department will distribute COVID-19 rapid test kits to all cleansing workers and property management staff working in the following area (see Annex) starting from today for them to take the test on their own, in order to help identifying infected persons. The Government appeals to residents and those working in this area who have been exposed to infection risks to undergo testing on a voluntary basis to achieve "early identification, early isolation and early treatment".
- Sewage Testing Area Eastern Site 7A (Part) – Siu Sai Wan Estate, Chai Wan
Members of the public may refer to (www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzFAUzTtmKk) for enquiries relating to the use of the rapid test kits.
When using a rapid test kit, please pay attention to and follow the instructions from the manufacturer to perform the test and read the result properly. It is advisable to record the displayed result by taking a photo immediately after reading. Users should wash their hands before and after performing the tests, and avoid placing non-essential items within the specimen collection area. After completing the test, wrap and seal all components of the test kit carefully and dispose properly. If the household environment is contaminated during the specimen collecting process, disinfection should be conducted with 1 in 49 diluted bleach solution or 70 per cent alcohol.
If people living or working in the areas with positive sewage testing results are tested positive with the rapid test kits, they may call 2280 4772, the Government's 24-hour hotline for "persons tested positive with rapid antigen tests in areas with positive sewage testing results" for assistance. Should these persons begin to develop symptoms before results are available, they may consult their family doctors for advice according to their needs. When severe symptoms (e.g. prolonged fever at 38 degrees Celsius or above, or signs such as shortness of breath, palpitations, chest pain) are developed, members of the public are urged to call the 999 hotline for arranging ambulance transfer to hospital as early as possible.
Ends/Monday, February 28, 2022
Issued at HKT 1:19
Issued at HKT 1:19