Government follows up on positive results of sewage surveillance and appeals to residents to undergo virus testing
In response to the positive sewage testing results in Yuen Long and Tai Po, the Government exercises the power under the Prevention and Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation (Cap. 599J) and publishes in the Gazette a compulsory testing notice, requiring any person who had been present at the following specified premises (see Annex) during the specified period to undergo a COVID-19 nucleic acid test –
- Sewage Testing Area Yuen Long Site 6A-2 (YL Site 6A-2) – Far East Consortium Yuen Long Building, Pearl House, Block A to C of Chun Chu House, Siu Chu House, Shun Fat Building, Kam Wing Mansion, Kam Fung Building, Yuen Shin Building, Yuen Long Hop Yick Company Limited Building, Yuen May Building, Golden Plaza, Tung Fai Court, Wing Fat Building, Wing Hing Building, Lee Kwan Building.
- Sewage Testing Area Yuen Long Long Ping Estate Site 05 (LPE-05) - Wah Ping House, Long Ping Estate
- Sewage Testing Area Tai Po Kwong Fuk Estate Site 02 (KFE-02)- Kwong Lai House, Kwong Fuk Estate
The Government strongly reminds members of the public to strictly follow the compulsory testing requirements and undergo testing on time as required. The above compulsory testing requirement applies to those who have completed a COVID-19 vaccination course as well. They are advised to closely monitor their health conditions. They should seek medical attention and undergo testing even if they have only mild symptoms.
Details of the compulsory testing notice are available on the website of the Centre for Health Protection, the Department of Health, via www.chp.gov.hk/en/features/105294.html .
As regards positive sewage testing results in Sham Shui Po, Kwun Tong, Sha Tin, Yuen Long and Tsing Yi Districts, the Home Affairs Department (including Sham Shui Po and Kwai Tsing District Offices) will distribute COVID-19 rapid test kits to residents and all cleansing workers and property management staff working in the following areas (see Annex) starting from tomorrow (February 10) for them to take the test on their own, in order to help identifying infected persons –
- Sewage Testing Area Sham Shui Po Site 3-1 (SSP Site 3-1) (part)- Lily House, Lotus House, Cherry House, Willow House, Cedar House, Orchid House, Marigold House and Peony House of So Uk Estate
- Sewage Testing Area Tsing Yi Cheong Wang Estate Site 01 (CWE-01) - Wang Sin House, Wang Yee House, Wang Sum House, Wang Yung House of Cheung Wang Estate
In addition, the Home Affairs Department (including Sham Shui Po, Kwun Tong, Sha Tin, Yuen Long and Kwai Tsing District Offices) will distribute three sets of COVID-19 rapid test kits to all cleansing workers and property management staff working in the following area (see Annex) through the Hong Kong Property Services Alliance and the Hong Kong Association of Property Management Companies for them to take the test on their own, in order to help identifying infected persons. The Government appeals to residents and those working in these areas who have been exposed to infection risks to undergo testing on a voluntary basis to achieve "early identification, early isolation and early treatment".
- Sewage Testing Area Sham Shui Po Site 3-2 (SSP Site 3-2) - Residential premises between Tonkin Street and Hing Wah Street in Sham Shui Po (Un Chau Street (even numbers), Castle Peak Road (odd and even numbers),Shun Ning Road (odd and even numbers), Po On Road(odd numbers))
- Sewage Testing Area Kwun Tong Site 2-3 & 2-5 (KT Site 2-3 & 2-5) - Tsui On House, Tsui Lau House, Tsui Tsz House of Tsui Ping (North) Estate
- Sewage Testing Area Sha Tin 051 & 052 (ST-051 & 052) - Sin Sam House, Sheung Sam House, Wai Sam House, Lok Sam House of Lung Hang Estate
- Sewage Testing Area Sha Tin 055, 056 and 057 (ST-055, 056 & 057) - Hin Tak House, Hin Pui House, Hin Yeung House, Hin Hing House, Hin Yau House, Hin Wan House, Hin Kwai House, Hin Fu House of Hin Keng Estate; and Ka Keng Court
- Sewage Testing Area Yuen Long Site 6A-1 (YL Site 6A-1) - Block 1 and Block 5 in Sun Yuen Long Centre
- Sewage Testing Area Tsing Yi Cheung Hang Estate 01, 03 to 05 (CHE-01, CHE-03 to 05) - Hang Lai House, Hang Chi House, Hang Yip House, Hang Yee House of Cheung Hang Estate
Residents may refer to (www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzFAUzTtmKk) for enquiries relating to the use of the rapid test kits.
When positive result (including vaguely positive with a faint band showing on the test kit) is obtained, one should immediately seek medical attention for follow up management. Residents tested positive should stay home as far as possible to avoid spreading the virus in the community. The Government stresses that rapid test kit testing is not a substitute for the compulsory testing requirement. Individuals who are in doubt about their own health condition, who have visited places with epidemic outbreaks or have had contact with persons tested positive, etc, should undergo testing promptly at testing centres.
In addition, the EPD has uploaded the boundary of places with compulsory testing notice issued due to the sewage samples tested positive and related information to the dashboard of the thematic website "Together, We Fight the Virus", to facilitate the reference from the public, via
Ends/Wednesday, February 9, 2022
Issued at HKT 23:01
Issued at HKT 23:01