Special traffic arrangements during Chung Yeung Festival
Tseung Kwan O
The access road leading to Tseung Kwan O Chinese Permanent Cemetery will be closed from 5.30am to 6pm daily on October 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 24 and 31, except for special bus service by Kowloon Motor Bus (KMB) route 14S, hearses, funeral vehicles and vehicles with permit.
The above road will be closed to all vehicular traffic from 5.30am to 8pm on October 14.
Grave-sweepers can reach the cemetery on foot via the access road on Ko Chiu Road or the footpath with staircases opposite to MTR Tiu Keng Leng Station. Wheelchair users are advised to enter the cemetery via the access road on Ko Chiu Road.
A section of Mang Kung Wo Road leading to Kei Pik Shan Cemetery in Sai Kung will be closed from 8am to 5pm daily on October 9, 10, 14, 16, and 17, except for vehicles with permit.
(A) Castle Peak
The following traffic arrangements will be implemented from 7am to 7pm daily on September 25 and 26 and October 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 14, 16, 17, 23 and 24:
Tsing San Path and the access roads leading to Ching Chung Koon and Ching Chung Sin Yuen will be closed.
1. Tsing Chung Koon Road between Tsing Lun Road and San Fuk Road will be re-routed one-way northbound; and
2. San Fuk Road between Leung Shun Street and Tsing Chung Koon Road will be re-routed one-way westbound.
No parking will be permitted along San Fuk Road, Tsing Chung Koon Road between Tsing Chung Path and San Fuk Road, Tsing Lun Road between Tsun Wen Road and the northern vehicle entrance of Tuen Mun Hospital, southbound Tsun Wen Road between Tsing Lun Road and San Fuk Road, and Tsing Fuk Lane.
Three temporary pick up and drop off points will be set up at northbound Tsing Chung Koon Road opposite to Castle Peak Hospital, northbound Tsing Chung Koon Road opposite to Tuen Mun Hospital, and westbound Tsing Lun Road outside Tuen Mun Hospital.
(B) Tsang Tsui
Nim Wan Road between Yung Long Road and the access road to Tsang Tsui Columbarium will be closed from 7am to 7pm daily on September 25 and 26 and October 1, 2, 3, 9, 10, 14, 16. 17, 23 and 24, except for franchised buses and MTR buses, taxis, vehicles heading for West New Territories Landfill and T·PARK, and vehicles with permit.
The following traffic arrangements will be implemented from 7am to 5pm daily on October 3, 10, 14,and 17 and when necessary on any other dates:
1. Southbound Wing Tak Street from the entrance of City Point to its junction with Wing Shun Street, Wing Yin Street, and Wing Shun Street between Wing Tak Street and Kwai Hei Street will be closed, except for hearses, franchised buses, taxis and GMBs;
2. Wing Chong Street, Wing Hau Street and Wing Lap Street will be closed; and
3. Wing Kei Road between Kwai Hei Street and Wing Kin Road will be re-routed one-way southbound. Vehicles cannot enter Wing Kei Road from Kwai Hei Street.
In addition, Wing Yin Street and Wing Hau Street will be closed from 7am to 5pm daily on October 1, 2, 9, 16, 23 and 24, except for hearses and franchised buses.
Wo Hop Shek
The following traffic arrangements will be implemented on October 2, 3, 9, 10, 14, 16, 17, 23 and 24:
The following roads will be closed from 6am to 5pm daily:
1. Kiu Tau Road, except for hearses;
2. Ming Yin Road, except for franchised buses;
3. Wo Ka Lau Road; and
4. All access roads within Wo Hop Shek Cemetery.
1. Traffic along northbound Pak Wo Road outside Fung Ying Seen Koon cannot turn right to southbound Pak Wo Road; and
2. Traffic along southbound Pak Wo Road outside MTR Fanling Station cannot turn right to the car park on Pak Wo Road near Fung Ying Seen Koon.
Suspension of parking spaces
The following car parks will be closed and parking spaces will be suspended between 7am and 5pm daily:
1. The car park on Wo Hing Road near Wah Ming Road roundabout, except for taxis;
2. The car park on Pak Wo Road near Fung Ying Seen Koon, except disabled parking spaces and public buses of the residents’ service route no. NR112; and
3. All parking spaces on Wah Ming Lane.
Depending on the situation, the Police may exercise discretion to allow vehicles carrying the elderly and disabled passengers to make use of the car park on Pak Wo Road near Fung Ying Seen Koon for interchange with the buses heading for Wo Hop Shek Cemetery.
The Frontier Closed Area from Lo Wu Station to Lo Wu Station Road will be open to grave-sweepers between 6am and 6pm daily from October 1 to October 31.
The following roads will be closed from 6am to 6pm daily on October 2, 3, 9, 10, 14, 16, 17, 23 and 24:
1. Lo Wu Station Road from its junction with Man Kam To Road to a point of about 280 metres west near the cemetery management office, except for vehicles of Lo Wu Village residents and vehicles allowed to park at the car park of MTR Lo Wu Station; and
2. Sha Ling Road, except for vehicles of Sha Ling residents.
All vehicles parked illegally will be towed away without prior notice.
Actual implementation of the traffic arrangements will be made depending on traffic and crowd conditions in the areas. Grave-sweepers should use public transport as far as possible. Motorists are advised to exercise tolerance and patience and take heed of instructions of the Police on site.
Ends/Friday, September 24, 2021
Issued at HKT 18:08
Issued at HKT 18:08