Latest arrangements for EPD services
(1) The instant call answering service of the EPD's general customer service hotline (2838 3111) will resume on a limited scale, with operating hours between 8.30am and 6.30pm from Monday to Friday. Since the EPD has reduced the number of staff answering calls to increase social distancing among staff, the waiting time is expected to be longer for connecting to the service hotline. Members of the public can also leave voice messages or make enquiries by email (email@example.com).
(2) Counter and licence application services of four EPD regional offices will resume during adjusted office hours (10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday):
- 8/F, Tsuen Wan Government Offices, 38 Sai Lau Kok Road, Tsuen Wan, New Territories;
- 10/F, Sha Tin Government Offices, 1 Sheung Wo Che Road, Sha Tin, New Territories；
- 5/F, Nan Fung Commercial Centre, 19 Lam Lok Street, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon; and
- 2/F, Chinachem Exchange Square, 1 Hoi Wan Street, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong.
Counter and licence application services of one regional office will continue to be temporarily suspended:
- 8/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon.
Members of the public may also place application documents in the drop-in boxes located at the above five regional offices (opening hours of the drop-in boxes: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), or submit applications online or by post. The EPD will continue to process all licence applications as normal.
(3) Members of the public can place their applications for vehicle exhaust and noise emissions compliance/exemption with relevant documents in the drop-in box located at the EPD's office at 34/F, Revenue Tower, 5 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, during office hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday). The applicants will be informed of the arrangement for collection of the approved letters.
(4) Members of the public can place their applications and submissions under the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance in the drop-in box at the EPD's office located at 27/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, during office hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday). The EPD will process the submitted documents.
(5) Members of the public can submit applications for non-road mobile machinery online (nrmm.epd.gov.hk/application/common/home), and registrations and enquiries for the "Waste Cooking Oils" Scheme by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (address: Waste Reduction and Recycling Section (4), Environmental Protection Department, 5/F, Centre Parc, 11 Sheung Yuet Road, Kowloon Bay).
(6) For the Construction Waste Disposal Charging Scheme, members of the public may call 2872 1838 for an application for an account; call 2872 1854 or 2872 1856 for chits application and billing account enquiries; or email email@example.com for both enquiries. The telephone service hours are adjusted to 9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
(7) For Waste Transfer Service Accounts, members of the public may call 2872 1704 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries. The telephone service hours are adjusted to 9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3pm, Monday to Friday.
(8) Members of the public can submit applications for the EV-charging at Home Subsidy Scheme online (www.EVhomecharging.gov.hk) or by post (address: Electric Vehicle Section (3), Environmental Protection Department, Room 1403-05, Chinachem Exchange Square, 1 Hoi Wan Street, Quarry Bay), or place the application documents in the drop-in box located at 2/F, Chinachem Exchange Square, 1 Hoi Wan Street, Quarry Bay, during office hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
In addition to the services above, the EPD is gradually stepping up inspections and investigations to accelerate the handling of enquiries and complaints.
Regarding EPD facilities, EcoPark visitor centre, T•PARK visitor centre and T•SPA, WEEE•PARK visitor centre, Lung Fu Shan Environmental Education Centre and Mobile Environmental Resource Centre, and the facilities at restored landfills will continue to be temporarily closed until further notice.
All Recycling Stations and Recycling Stores will remain open to collect recyclables, and their Recycling Spots (weekly kerb-side collection booths) will maintain limited services.
Ends/Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Issued at HKT 12:18
Issued at HKT 12:18