Housing Authority announces special arrangements for public service
To tie in with Government's announcement on the special work arrangements for Government departments starting from tomorrow (December 2) until December 15 to provide emergency and essential services, a spokesman for the Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA) announced today (December 1) that the following service arrangements will be implemented during the above period:
- All Estate Management Offices (EMOs) of public housing estates will be open from 10am to 4pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to provide limited management services for public housing estates and handle cases with prior appointments. For enquiries and assistance outside the opening hours, residents may call the contact telephone numbers provided by the respective EMOs, and staff will render assistance as much as practicable. During the period from December 2 to December 9, the collection services of the EMO's shroff offices will continue to be provided according to the opening hours of the shroff offices of individual estates. The shroff offices will suspend service afterwards and residents are advised to pay heed to the notices placed at the EMOs. They can also pay rent at more than 1 000 locations, such as designated convenience stores and supermarkets. They may also make payments via the Payment by Phone Service. For details, please browse the following website: www.housingauthority.gov.hk/en/public-housing/rent-related-matters/rent-payment-methods/index.html.
The following subsidised housing offices will be open from 10am to 4pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to provide limited services:
(1) The White Form Secondary Market Scheme Unit at the HA Customer Service Centre (HACSC) in Lok Fu and Pioneer Place in Kwun Tong
(2) The Home Ownership Scheme (HOS) Secondary Market Scheme Unit at Lung Cheung Office Block in Wong Tai Sin
(3) The Home Assistance Loan Unit at Lung Cheung Office Block in Wong Tai Sin
- The HOS Sales Unit at the HACSC in Lok Fu, the Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Scheme Sales Unit at Pioneer Place in Kwun Tong as well as other offices of related services will only be open to applicants/public members with prior appointments. For enquiries, please contact the HA Sales Hotline on 2712 8000 or telephone numbers of the office of the concerned service;
- The Public Rental Housing (PRH) Application Office at the HACSC in Lok Fu will be open from 8am to 4pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to provide services in relation to matters involving PRH applications. Detailed vetting interviews with prior appointments will proceed as scheduled;
- The Clearance Housing office and Redevelopment Sub-section offices (Pak Tin and Mei Tung) will be open from 10am to 4pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to provide services in relation to matters involving clearance housing or redevelopment; and
- The Shroff Office on the ground floor of the HA Headquarters will be open from 10am to 12.30pm and 2pm to 4pm from Monday to Friday. All payment collection services (including premium payments by Subsidised Sale Flats Scheme owners to enable them to complete transactions of their flats), with the exception of rental payment collection, will be in operation.
In addition, due to the above work arrangements, the HA may not be able to reply to public enquiries, requests or complaints in a timely manner. For enquiries, please call the HA hotline on 2712 2712.
Ends/Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Issued at HKT 18:55
Issued at HKT 18:55