Latest arrangements for services of EPD
All public counters of the EPD will resume normal services starting from September 14, including counter services in regional offices and other counter services for licences and other applications. The instant call answering service of the EPD's general customer hotline (2838 3111) will resume while the telephone enquiry services of other registration schemes have already reverted to normal operating hours.
Details of the latest arrangements for the above services are available at the EPD website (www.epd.gov.hk).
Regarding EPD facilities, the following centres will reopen on September 14:
* EcoPark visitor centre;
* T•PARK visitor centre; and
* Environmental Resource Centres (namely Fanling Environmental Resource Centre, Lung Fu Shan Environmental Education Centre and Mobile Environmental Resource Centre).
The guided tours of some of the above facilities will resume upon the reopening of the facilities but the number of persons on the tours will be limited to achieve social distancing. Members of the public can make advance bookings online for the guided tours and the facilities/services. Please refer to the EPD website (www.epd.gov.hk) for details.
The T•SPA inside T•PARK and the WEEE•PARK visitor centre will remain temporarily closed until further notice. The Wan Chai Environmental Resource Centre will also remain temporarily closed due to renovation works.
The reopening arrangements for the facilities at restored landfills are as follows:
* Shuen Wan Restored Landfill - Golf Driving Range: reopened on August 28;
* Tseung Kwan O Restored Landfill - Football Training Centre: except for the training of professional football teams playing in the Hong Kong Premier League, it remains temporarily closed to the public;
* Gin Drinkers Bay Restored Landfill - Cricket Hong Kong Centre: starting from September 11, except for training purposes, it remains temporarily closed to the public; and
* Gin Drinkers Bay Restored Landfill - BMX Park: remains temporarily closed due to maintenance.
In addition, all Community Green Stations remain open to collect recyclables, with their kerbside collection service resumed on a limited scale via self-service mode in suitable locations. All education programmes will be conducted online, while visitor programmes will continue to be temporarily suspended.
The EPD reminds venue users that a series of precautionary measures will be adopted at the facilities, including limiting the total number of visitors and tour guides to the number of persons allowed in a group gathering under the Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation (Cap. 599G). Body temperature screening will be provided for all people entering the facilities, and visitors need to wear their own masks. The venues will also step up cleaning work and closely monitor the latest developments of the pandemic. Immediate action will be taken as and when necessary.
Ends/Friday, September 11, 2020
Issued at HKT 15:05
Issued at HKT 15:05