Housing Authority announces special arrangements for public services
In response to the Government's announcement that special work arrangements for government employees will be extended until August 9, the Hong Kong Housing Authority (HA) announced today (July 31) that the following arrangements will be implemented next week until August 9 (Sunday) to provide emergency and essential services to members of the public:
- All Estate Management Offices (EMOs) of public housing estates will be open from 10am to 1pm on Monday, Wednesday and Friday over this period to provide essential management services for public housing estates and handle cases with prior appointments. For enquiries outside the opening hours or emergency services, residents may call the contact telephone numbers provided by the respective EMOs, and staff will render assistance as much as practicable. EMOs' shroff offices will be closed, and residents are advised to heed the notices placed at the EMOs. They can also pay rent at more than 1 000 locations, such as convenience stores and supermarkets. They may also make payments via the Payment by Phone Service (PPS). For details, please browse the following website: www.housingauthority.gov.hk/en/public-housing/rent-related-matters/rent-payment-methods/index.html;
- The Home Ownership Scheme (HOS) Sales Unit at the HA Customer Service Centre in Lok Fu, the Green Form Subsidised Home Ownership Scheme Sales Unit in Kwun Tong as well as other offices of related services will be temporarily closed;
- The White Form Secondary Market Scheme Unit (WSM) at the HA Customer Service Centre in Lok Fu and the HOS Secondary Market Scheme Unit (SMS) in Lung Cheung Office Block, Wong Tai Sin, will open from 10am to 1pm on Monday and Wednesday over this period to receive applications for the Letter of Nomination under the WSM and SMS;
- The Home Assistance Loan Unit (HALU) in Lung Cheung Office Block, Wong Tai Sin, will provide drop-in boxes to receive submissions in relation to matters under the Home Purchase Loan Scheme and the Home Assistance Loan Scheme. Applicants can place their submissions in the drop-in box located at the HALU from 10am to 1pm on Monday and Wednesday over this period. The HALU will issue receipts/acknowledgements of the submissions and take follow-up action in due course;
- All public rental housing application offices including the Lok Fu Customer Service Centre Office and the Sham Shui Po Housing Information Centre will be closed. All detailed vetting interviews will also be suspended;
- The Clearance Housing office and Redevelopment Sub-section offices (Pak Tin and Mei Tung) as well as the Public Housing Resources Management Sub-section will also be closed;
- The Shroff Office on the Ground Floor of the HA Headquarters will be open from 9.30am to 12.30pm from Monday to Friday over this period to provide limited services. All payment collection services (including premium payments by Subsidised Sale Flats Scheme owners to enable them to complete transactions of their flats), with the exception of rental payment collection, will be in operation; and
- Promotion activities in shopping centres under the Housing Authority will be suspended.
s, requests or complaints in a timely manner. For enquiries, please call the HA hotline 2712 2712.
Ends/Friday, July 31, 2020
Issued at HKT 15:17
Issued at HKT 15:17