Latest service arrangements for LCSD public swimming pools and beaches
In view of the latest situation of COVID-19, the LCSD will adopt special measures at public swimming pools to be reopened, which include:
- Reopening some swimming pool facilities only such as main pools, secondary pools, training pools or teaching pools;
- Temporarily limiting the number of users in swimming pools to maintain distance among swimmers;
- Distributing numbered tickets to people lining up when the numbers of users in swimming pools have reached the temporary maximum pool capacity, and reminding them to take note of the numbers shown on the queuing board in order to avoid people gathering;
- Arranging body temperature screening for all people entering swimming pools. Those with symptoms such as fever or respiratory illness will not be allowed to enter the swimming pools;
- Opening alternate shower cubicles and shower heads to ensure appropriate distance between users of shower facilities;
- Prohibiting group gatherings of more than eight people in the swimming pools; and
- Closing spectator stands at swimming pools temporarily.
The public are also advised to wear their own masks before and after swimming, as well as when lining up to enter the swimming pools.
Public Swimming Pool Monthly Tickets will be available at designated booking offices of Public Swimming Pool Monthly Tickets and Leisure Link Booking Offices at the District Leisure Services Offices from tomorrow (May 20). The LCSD will expedite the processing of block booking applications in or after June when the public swimming pools have reopened.
In addition, the LCSD announced that 15 gazetted beaches will be reopened on May 23 (Saturday). Please refer to www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/beach/common/documents/reopen_annex2.pdf for details of beaches to be reopened. Lifeguard services will be provided daily at the reopened gazetted beaches from 9am to 6pm. The services will be extended from 8am to 7pm on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays during the peak period from June to August.
The LCSD appeals to beach-goers to comply with the Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation (Cap 599G) on the prohibition of group gatherings of more than eight people. To ensure appropriate distance between shower facilities users, only alternate shower cubicles and shower heads will be open. The LCSD will step up crowd control and cleaning work inside changing rooms. Staff of the LCSD will also step up patrol of the beaches concerned and take appropriate follow-up action against any violation of relevant regulations when necessary.
Apart from the 15 reopened gazetted beaches mentioned above, all other beaches will remain closed with lifeguard services suspended. The public should neither swim nor gather at the closed beaches for social distancing reasons and to avoid accidents. LCSD staff will step up patrol of the beaches concerned. Appropriate follow-up action will be taken against any violation of relevant regulations.
Ends/Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Issued at HKT 20:32
Issued at HKT 20:32