Latest arrangements for services of EPD
(1) Counter and licence application services of the EPD's regional offices will be temporarily suspended. Members of the public may place the application documents in the drop-in boxes located at the regional offices during office hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), or submit the applications online or by post. The EPD will continue to process all licence applications as normal.
(2) Members of the public can place their applications for vehicle exhaust and noise emissions compliance/exemption with relevant documents in the drop-in box located at the EPD's office at 34/F, Revenue Tower, 5 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, during office hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday). The applicants will be informed of the collection arrangement for the approved letters.
(3) Members of the public can submit their applications and submissions under the Environmental Impact Assessment Ordinance to the EPD's office located at 27/F, Southorn Centre, 130 Hennessy Road, Wan Chai, during office hours (9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
(4) Members of the public can submit applications for non-road mobile machinery online, and registrations and enquiries for the "Waste Cooking Oils" Scheme by email or by post. For details, please refer to the EPD website (www.epd.gov.hk).
(5) For the Construction Waste Disposal Charging Scheme, members of the public may call 2872 1838 for application for an account, call 2872 1854 or 2872 1856 for chits application and billing account enquiries, or email [email protected] for any of the above enquiries. The operating hours of the telephone enquiry service will be 9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 3pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
(6) For Waste Transfer Service Accounts, members of the public may call 2872 1704 (9am to 12.30pm and 1.30pm to 5pm, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday) or email [email protected] for enquiries.
(7) The instant call answering service of the EPD's general customer service hotline will be suspended. Members of the public can make enquiries by leaving voice messages via the hotline (2838 3111) or by email ([email protected]).
Details of the latest arrangements for the above services are available at the EPD website (www.epd.gov.hk).
In addition to the services above, the EPD is maintaining basic inspections and investigations to handle enquiries and complaints. If necessary, the EPD may also arrange virtual or face-to-face meetings with contractors, consultants and the trade.
Regarding facilities, the EPD's WEEE•PARK visitor centre, T•PARK visitor centre, EcoPark visitor centre and Environmental Resource Centres will continue to be temporarily closed. All Community Green Stations remain open to collect recyclables, while visitor and education programmes will continue to be suspended until further notice.
Ends/Sunday, March 22, 2020
Issued at HKT 12:22
Issued at HKT 12:22