DH clinics service arrangement
- Health assessments and allied health appointments of all Elderly Health Centres (EHCs) will be suspended and Yau Ma Tei EHC will be closed starting from February 17. Opening hours of the remaining 17 EHCs will also be adjusted, with nine EHCs opening on every Monday, Wednesday and Friday; and eight EHCs opening on every Tuesday and Thursday, details of which can be found on the following website: www.elderly.gov.hk/eindex.html.
- The directly observed treatment service on every Saturday morning of seven chest clinics will be suspended from February 15, namely Shaukeiwan Chest Clinic, Kowloon Chest Clinic, Sai Ying Pun Chest Clinic, Shek Kip Mei Chest Clinic, East Kowloon Chest Clinic, Tai Po Chest Clinic and Tung Chung Chest Clinic; while Cheung Chau Chest Clinic will be open on Fridays every four weeks starting from February 21.
- Five Maternal and Child Health Centres (MCHCs) will be closed starting from next Monday (February 17). They are East Kowloon MCHC, Wang Tau Hom MCHC, Wu York Yu MCHC, Yan Oi MCHC and Ma On Shan MCHC. Services of the remaining MCHCs will also be adjusted or suspended, details of which are available on the following website: www.fhs.gov.hk/english/news.
The staff of the clinics will make separate arrangements for affected users with prior appointments.
Apart from the above, some of the non-urgent services, including the Student Health Service Centres, School Dental Clinics, Woman Health Centres, Social Hygiene Clinics, Families Clinics and Education and Training Centre in Family Medicine, dental clinics as well as telephone and online bookings for HIV testing of the DH's AIDS Counselling and Testing Service, have also been adjusted or suspended. For enquiries, please contact the relevant clinics and service units.
In addition, in order to enhance infection control measures including minimising flows of people and social contacts, the DH advised that family members and friends should avoid accompanying clients to visit MCHCs or other clinics/facilities unless there are special reasons to do so. The DH also advised that:
- No more than two parents may accompany 1 month old or below newborn baby to MCHCs; and
- No more than one parent/relative/friend may accompany the service user to clinics/facilities.
Ends/Thursday, February 13, 2020
Issued at HKT 12:25
Issued at HKT 12:25