Special transport arrangements in Happy Valley today
The special transport arrangements mainly include:
Special transport arrangements after the race meeting
* The following franchised bus services will operate from Morrison Hill Road outside Happy Valley Racecourse after the race meeting:
- Citybus route 8S (to Siu Sai Wan (Island Resort)); and
- Cross-harbour route 914R (to Jordan Road).
* In addition, the TD has co-ordinated with franchised bus operators to strengthen the frequency of bus routes operating via the Eastern Harbour Crossing (EHC) and the Western Harbour Tunnel (WHC) as appropriate to meet the demand. The following five routes operating via the Cross-Harbour Tunnel (CHT) will be rerouted to the EHC.
Routes via the EHC
1) Route 111: Ping Shek (Kwun Tong) to Central
2) Route 115: Kowloon City Ferry Pier (Kowloon City) to Central
3) Route 116: Tsz Wan Shan (Wong Tai Sin) to Quarry Bay (Eastern District)
4) Route 118: Cheung Sha Wan (Sham Shui Po) to Siu Sai Wan (Eastern District)
5) Route 182: Yu Chui Court (Sha Tin) to Central
* Tram service in the vicinity of Happy Valley will be enhanced.
The TD anticipates that the traffic in the vicinity of Happy Valley will be congested. Motorists are advised to avoid driving to the affected areas. In case of traffic congestion, motorists should exercise tolerance and patience, and follow the instructions of the Police. Members of the public who plan to go to the affected areas are advised to plan their routes in advance, allow more travelling time to cater for unexpected delay, and use public transport services as far as possible.
Depending on the actual traffic conditions in the areas, other ad-hoc traffic and transport measures, including road closures and traffic diversion as well as alteration and suspension of public transport services, may be implemented.
Details of the special traffic and transport arrangements have been uploaded to the TD's website (www.td.gov.hk). For enquiries, please call 1823. Details of the latest traffic and transport news are also available at the TD's website, the TD's mobile application "HKeMobility" and bus companies' websites and apps, as well as on radio and television.
Ends/Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Issued at HKT 18:20
Issued at HKT 18:20