TD appeals to public to pay attention to latest traffic situation
As at 6am today, the latest public transport situation is as follows:
All MTR lines maintain services today. Except the Airport Express Line, the train service will end at 11pm.
Hung Hom and University stations are closed. Entrances/Exits at some stations will also be closed. Train services may be suspended or adjusted due to incidents. Members of the public are advised to continue to stay tuned to the latest traffic news.
From start of service, East Rail Line service will be provided between Mong Kok East and Lo Wu/Lok Ma Chau stations (not stopping at University Station). Free shuttle bus service running between Tai Po Market and Kam Sheung Road stations will be arranged during morning and evening peak periods.
West Rail Line service will end at East Tsim Sha Tsui Station.
Light Rail Route 751P is substituted by Route 706. Routes 614, 614P, 751 and 761P will be diverted. Route 751 will not stop at Chestwood and Yau Oi stops.
(II) Hung Hom Cross Harbour Tunnel
Due to the damage to the facilities of the Cross-Harbour Tunnel (CHT), the tunnel cannot be reopened within a short period of time. To assist members of the public to commute, the TD has co-ordinated with franchised bus and ferry operators to strengthen the following services:
(a) Cross harbour bus services include the following eight routes operating via the CHT will be rerouted to the Eastern Harbour Crossing (EHC) or the Western Harbour Tunnel (WHC):
Routes via the EHC
1) Route 101X: Kwun Tong (Yue Man Square) - Kennedy Town (Central and Western District)
2) Route 108: Kai Yip (Kowloon City) - Braemar Hill (Eastern District)
3) Route 111: Ping Shek (Kwun Tong) - Central
4) Route 115: Kowloon City Ferry Pier (Kowloon City) - Central
5) Route 116: Tsz Wan Shan (Wong Tai Sin) - Quarry Bay (Eastern District)
6) Route 118: Cheung Sha Wan (Sham Shui Po) - Siu Sai Wan (Eastern District)
7) Route 182: Yu Chui Court (Sha Tin) - Central
Route via the WHC
8) Route 118P: Cheung Sha Wan (Sham Shui Po) - Siu Sai Wan (Eastern District) (peak-only service)
(b) Special free ferry services include the following two routes:
(1) Between Hung Hom (South) Ferry Pier and Wan Chai Public Pier (near Golden Bauhinia Square); and
(2) Between Ma Tau Kok Public Pier in Kowloon City and Wan Chai Public Pier (near Golden Bauhinia Square).
The service hours of the two routes are from 7am to 7pm with a headway of 30 minutes during peak hours. To meet the demand and provide alternative for passengers, franchised bus operators will arrange special departures (Route 115) at Kowloon City Ferry Pier Bus Terminus via the EHC to Central.
(c) Special Bus Route 6M will run between Kowloon City Ferry Pier Bus Terminus and Ho Man Tin Station (Circular) (via To Kwan Wan Road) during peak hours for passengers to interchange with MTR.
(III) Bus services in New Territories East
In view of the closure of University Station of East Rail Line, the TD has strengthened the bus services from Tai Po and Ma On Shan to urban areas and arranged the following feeder buses for passengers to interchange with MTR:
(1) Route 82D: Pak Shek Kok/Science Park - Tai Wai Station (peak hours only)
(2) Route 274S: Wu Kai Sha - Tai Po Market Station (via Pak Shek Kok/Science Park) (service will be available from 9am to 7pm from November 21)
As traffic conditions and railway services may change within a short period of time, the TD urges commuters using public transport services to allow more travelling time and plan their journey in advance. Details of the latest traffic news are available at TD's website (www.td.gov.hk/en/home/index.html) or mobile application "HKeMobility".
Ends/Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Issued at HKT 6:14
Issued at HKT 6:14