Sport For All Day 2019 on August 4 encourages people to exercise more
Adopting "Stay Active, Healthy and Happy!" as the slogan, the event encourages people of all ages and abilities to maintain a healthy lifestyle by participating in sports activities and fostering the habit of exercising at least half an hour a day. This year's Sport For All Day will have wushu as the focal sport. Related demonstrations and participation sessions will be held on the day to promote the sport.
Enrolment for the free programmes or distribution of activity coupons will start from 8.30am on July 15 (Monday) at respective LCSD District Leisure Services Offices or designated venues in the 18 districts on a first-come, first-served basis. These programmes include:
- Health talks and exercise demonstrations
- Fitness corners
- Sports activities for parents and children
- Sports participation sessions
- Activities for persons with disabilities
- Wushu demonstrations and participation activities
The fee-charging leisure facilities that will be open for free use by the public on August 4 include:
- Indoor leisure facilities: badminton courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, netball courts, volleyball courts, squash courts, table tennis tables, American pool tables, billiard tables, sport climbing walls, bowling greens, golf facilities, fitness rooms, activity rooms, dance rooms and cycling track
- Outdoor leisure facilities: tennis courts, tennis practice courts, bowling greens, batting cages, sport climbing walls, archery ranges, rope courses and golf facilities (excluding camp facilities, sports grounds, artificial and natural turf pitches)
- Public swimming pools (excluding Wan Chai Swimming Pool)
- Craft of water sports centres
Booking for free use of available leisure facilities can be made at Leisure Link booking counters at LCSD venues in various districts (except self-service kiosks) starting from 9am on July 28 (Sunday). Each person can only book one free session on a first-come, first-served basis irrespective of the types of facilities. No prior booking is required for the public swimming pools. Members of the public may line up at the entrances of the swimming pools for free admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
For details of Sport For All Day 2019, please refer to the attachment, visit the designated website at www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/sfad or call 2414 5555 for enquiries.
The LCSD has also invited the 18 District Councils, National Sports Associations, district sports associations, community sports clubs and community sport organisations, as well as privately operated sports clubs and health centres, to organise free activities and offer free facilities for the public to enjoy on August 4 in support of the event.
Sport For All Day 2019 is co-organised by the Department of Health; the Sports Medicine Team of the Chinese University of Hong Kong; the Sports Medicine and Health Science Alumni Association of the Chinese University of Hong Kong; the Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China; the Hong Kong Sports Association for Persons with Intellectual Disability; and the Hong Kong Wushu Union.
Ends/Monday, June 3, 2019
Issued at HKT 16:33
Issued at HKT 16:33