Special traffic and transport arrangements for suspension of Peak Tram service
Special traffic arrangement
* All metered parking spaces, motorcycle parking spaces and a disabled parking space on Peak Road near Plunkett's Road will be suspended from about midnight this Friday (April 19) until further notice.
Public transport arrangements
(1) Existing bus services
* Passengers can take the follow bus services to the Peak currently:
NWFB route no. 15 (Central (Central Ferry Pier) / (Exchange Square) - The Peak); or
NWFB route no. 15B (Wan Chai (Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre Extension - The Peak) (For Sundays and public holidays only).
(2) Special bus service route no. X15
* From April 23 (Tuesday), and during the Peak Tram service suspension, NWFB will introduce special route no. X15 for travelling directly between Admiralty (West) Bus Terminus (near Admiralty Station Exit B) and The Peak Public Transport Terminus without any en-route bus stop. The full fare is $12.4. Departures from Admiralty (West) operate from 7am to 11.30pm daily while departures from the Peak operate from 8am to midnight daily.
(3) Suspension of bus service
* The service of NWFB route no. 15C (Central (Star Ferry) - Garden Road Peak Tram Station) will be suspended from April 23 (Tuesday) during the suspension of the Peak Tram service.
NWFB will also strengthen services to meet passenger demand when necessary. The Peak Tramways Company Limited and NWFB will display notices at Peak Tram Termini and bus stops to inform passengers of the above temporary transport arrangement in advance. Passengers at the Peak Tram Lower Terminus can take bus route nos. 12A, 12M, 23, 40 or 40M from St John's Cathedral bus stop on Garden Road to Admiralty and interchange for the special route no. X15 to the Peak. For details of the above bus routes, passengers may visit the website of the bus company at www.nwstbus.com.hk.
The TD anticipates that the traffic in the vicinity of Peak Road, Magazine Gap Road and Stubbs Road will be congested significantly during the suspension of Peak Tram service (especially on weekends and public holidays). Depending on the site situation, the Police will implement temporary traffic management and crowd control measures. It is anticipated that the number of passengers waiting at the Peak Public Transport Terminus will be higher than usual and passengers should follow the instructions of Police. Motorists are advised to avoid driving to the affected or congested areas unless necessary. In case of traffic congestion, motorists and passengers are advised to be patient. Members of the public going to the affected areas are advised to plan their journey in advance and allow more travelling time to cater for unexpected delay, use public transport services whenever possible and be alert to the latest traffic news through the media.
For information about the special traffic and transport arrangements, members of the public may browse the TD's website at www.td.gov.hk or make use of the TD's HKeMobility mobile application.
Ends/Wednesday, April 17, 2019
Issued at HKT 18:30
Issued at HKT 18:30