Special traffic arrangements on Hong Kong Island
The following roads will be closed from 12am to 10.30am:
- Lung Wo Road between Man Yiu Street and Edinburgh Place;
- Northbound Edinburgh Place between Harcourt Road and Lung Wo Road; and
- Yiu Sing Street.
The following roads will be closed from 2am to 10.30am:
- Man Kwong Street;
- Man Fai Street; and
- Man Yiu Street between Man Kwong Street and Man Po Street.
The following roads will be closed from 2am to 12.30pm:
- Oil Street north of Wang On Road;
- King Wah Road;
- Fook Yum Road between King Wah Road and Wang On Road; and
- The slow lane of Oil Street between Electric Road and Wang On Road.
In connection with the above road closure, the following traffic diversions will be implemented:
- Rumsey Street between Man Kat Street and Chung Kong Road will be re-routed to one-way southbound; and
- Traffic along southbound Man Yiu Street, eastbound Man Po Street or eastbound Man Cheung Street cannot enter eastbound Yiu Sing Street or eastbound Lung Wo Road. Affected vehicles will be diverted via southbound Man Yiu Street, Connaught Place and eastbound Connaught Road Central.
Suspension of parking spaces
All motorcycle parking spaces at general pick-up/drop-off and loading/unloading area on Lung Wo Road north of Star Ferry Multi-Storey Car Park will be suspended from 12am to 10.30am.
All disabled parking spaces near Central Ferry Pier No. 4 and motorcycle parking spaces near Central Ferry Pier No.6 in Man Kwong Street will be suspended from 2am to 10.30am.
All buses and coaches parking spaces on Road A2 will be suspended from 2am to 10.30am.
Any vehicles found illegally parked within the precincts mentioned above will be towed away without prior warning.
Actual implementation of the traffic arrangements will be made depending on traffic and crowd conditions in the areas. Motorists are advised to exercise tolerance and patience and take heed of instructions of the Police on site.
Ends/Friday, January 4, 2019
Issued at HKT 16:06
Issued at HKT 16:06