Go to main content
About 4 200 vacancies on offer at job fair for middle-aged and elderly employment
     The Labour Department (LD) will hold a large-scale job fair at the Dragon Centre on November 15 and 16.

     With the theme of "Middle-aged and Elderly Employment", the job fair aims to promote employment opportunities for mature job seekers. A total of 44 organisations, mainly from the retail, property management, transport and catering industries, will participate in the fair, offering about 4 200 vacancies. They will set up counters and conduct on-the-spot recruitment.

     The vacancies offered cover a wide variety of positions including clerk, senior gardener, library assistant, sports and leisure attendant, patient care assistant, courier, shop assistant, security guard, driver, cook, waiter/waitress, and technician. Job seekers can find more information on the LD's Interactive Employment Service website (www.jobs.gov.hk).

     Around 77 per cent of the vacancies are full-time jobs, most of which offer monthly salaries ranging from $9,000 to $18,000. The remaining 23 per cent of the vacancies are part-time jobs, with more flexible working hours. Over 99 per cent of the vacancies require a Secondary Six education level or below. Around 72 per cent are open to job seekers who may lack relevant work experience.

     Job seekers can submit applications on the spot and may be selected for on-site interviews. They can also make enquiries on the employment programmes and services provided by the LD at its counter at the venue.

     The job fair will be held from 11am to 5.30pm at Atrium, 1/F, Dragon Centre, 37 K, Yen Chow Street, Sham Shui Po (near Sham Shui Po MTR Station Exit C1). Admission is free.
Ends/Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Issued at HKT 10:00
Today's Press Releases