Appointments to Museum Advisory Committee
All appointments are for a two-year term up to October 19, 2020.
The MAC and its three standing sub-committees, established on October 20, 2016, comprise members of different backgrounds with a great wealth of professional expertise and experience relevant to the work of the museums, including professionals, academics, museum experts, collectors, art promoters, entrepreneurs, marketing and public relations experts, and community leaders. The MAC and its three standing sub-committees advise the Leisure and Cultural Services Department on strategies for development, promotion and management of the public museums.
A spokesman for the Home Affairs Bureau (HAB) thanked all the chairpersons and members of the MAC and its standing sub-committees for their ardent support and invaluable contributions in the past two years, including Professor Nancy Ip Yuk-yu, the outgoing SSC Chairperson, and Professor Eric Yim Chi-ming, the outgoing MAC and ASC Member, adding that the HAB looked forward to receiving the valuable advice of the new MAC and its standing sub-committees on the development of the public museums.
The membership list and terms of reference of the MAC are as follows:
Mr Stanley Wong Yuen-fai
Mr Victor Cheng Pat-leung
Ms Liza Cheung Lai-sang*
Professor Ching Pak-chung*
Ms Anita Fung Yuen-mei
Mrs Christine Ip Yeung See-ming
Ms Elaine Kwok*
Mr Gyver Lau Kwok-leung
Professor Leung Wing-mo
Mr Vincent Lo Wing-sang
Ms Anthea Lo Wing-sze
Ms Doris Luey Sisi
Professor Ricardo Mak King-sang
Professor Eva Man Kit-wah
Mr Rex Mok Chung-fai
Dr Ng Chun-hung
Professor Ng Tai-kai
Mr David Pong Chun-yee
Ms Clara Shek Ka-lai
Mr Douglas So Cheung-tak
Ms Helen So Hiu-ming*
Professor Joseph Ting Sun-pao
Ms Ada Wong Ying-kay
* Newly appointed Members
Terms of Reference
To advise the Director of Leisure and Cultural Services on a wide range of subject matters concerning the public museums and related offices managed by the LCSD:
- positioning, image-building and branding;
- business development strategies including but not limited to acquisition and use of museum collections, organisation of exhibitions and education programmes, identification of research projects, sponsorship and partnership initiatives;
- marketing and publicity strategies on the promotion of the museums both locally, on the Mainland and overseas;
- development of community engagement strategies to reach out to a wider community and stakeholders (e.g. local artists, collectors, local and overseas museums, cultural organisations, and educational institutions);
- measures to strengthen the operational efficiency and accountability of public museums; and
- any other matters as proposed by the LCSD.
The membership lists and terms of reference of the three standing sub-committees are attached at Annexes 1 to 3.
Ends/Thursday, October 25, 2018
Issued at HKT 15:15
Issued at HKT 15:15