Special traffic arrangements on Hong Kong Island
The following traffic arrangements will be implemented from 2am to 12 noon:
A. Road closure
- Edinburgh Place east of and north of City Hall, except for vehicles leaving from City Hall car park;
- Lung Wo Road, except the slow lane of westbound Lung Wo Road between Tim Wa Avenue and Edinburgh Place;
- Yiu Sing Street; and
- The slow lane of southbound Man Yiu Street from its junction with Lung Wo Road to a point about 40 metres north of the same junction.
B. Traffic diversions
- Traffic along southbound Man Yiu Street cannot turn left to eastbound Lung Wo Road;
- Traffic along southbound Man Yiu Street cannot turn left to eastbound Yiu Sing Street;
- Traffic along eastbound Man Cheung Street cannot enter Lung Wo Road. Affected vehicles will be diverted via Man Yiu Street;
- Traffic along eastbound Man Po Street cannot enter Yiu Sing Street. Affected vehicles will be diverted via Man Yiu Street;
- Traffic along Edinburgh Place east of City Hall cannot enter Lung Wo Road;
- Traffic along northbound Legislative Council Road cannot turn left to westbound Lung Wo Road. Affected vehicles will be diverted via southbound Legislative Council Road;
- Traffic along eastbound Lung Wui Road cannot enter westbound Lung Wo Road; and
- Traffic along westbound Fenwick Pier Street cannot enter westbound Lung Wo Road.
C. Suspension of parking spaces
Motorcycle parking spaces at the general pick-up/ drop–off and loading/ unloading area on Lung Wo Road north of Star Ferry Multi-Storey Car Park will be suspended.
All vehicles parked illegally will be towed away without prior notice.
Actual implementation of the traffic arrangements will be made depending on traffic and crowd conditions in the area. Motorists are advised to exercise tolerance and patience and take heed of instructions of the Police on site.
Ends/Friday, September 28, 2018
Issued at HKT 16:31
Issued at HKT 16:31