Appointments to Business Facilitation Advisory Committee
The committee will be chaired by Mr Wong Ting-kwong with Mr Bankee Kwan as deputy chairman in the new term.
The six new non-official members are:
* Mr Eddy Chen (Director, Msystem.com.hk Limited)
* Mr Thomson Cheng (President, Walton Brown (Hong Kong) Limited)
* Ms Dorine Leung (General Manager and Country Vice President of Novartis Pharmaceuticals (HK) Limited)
* Ms Jennifer Liu (Chairman and Founder of the Coffee Academїcs and HABITŪ)
* Mr Roy Ng (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Star Lite (HK) Limited)
* Mr Kelvin Yau (Chairman of the Institution of Dining Arts)
The 12 re-appointed serving non-official members are:
* Mr Wong Ting-kwong (Legislative Councillor) (as Chairman of BFAC)
* Mr Bankee Kwan (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Celestial Asia Securities Holdings Limited) (as Deputy Chairman of BFAC)
* Mr Thomas Cheng (Associate Professor, Department of Law, the University of Hong Kong)
* Ms Winnie Chiu (President and Executive Director, Dorsett Hospitality International Limited)
* Ms Rosanna Choi (Partner, CW CPA)
* Ms Elaine Ho (Senior Consultant, FONGS; Solicitor)
* Mr Francis Kwok (Chief Executive Officer, Radica Systems Limited)
* Mr Victor Lam (General Manager, Forward Winsome Industries Limited)
* Mr Lee Yuen-hong (Chairman, Tsui Wah Holdings Limited)
* Ms Shalini Mahtani (Co-founder and Chair, the Zubin Mahtani Gidumal Foundation Limited)
* Dr Billy Mak (Associate Professor, Department of Finance and Decision Sciences, Hong Kong Baptist University)
* Mr Shiu Ka-fai (Legislative Councillor)
A Government spokesman said, "Since its formation, the committee has helped improve the competitiveness of the local business environment by streamlining procedures, removing unnecessary regulatory barriers, improving regulatory efficiency and reducing business compliance costs. It has also served as an effective platform for the Government to engage various business sectors on new or proposed business regulations."
The Financial Secretary, Mr Paul Chan, expressed his heartfelt thanks to the outgoing members, namely Mr Yu Pang-chun, Dr Michael Chan, Ms Sabrina Chan, Ms Yolanda Ng, Ms Janis Tam and Mr Simon Wong, and paid tribute to them for their valuable support and contributions to the work of the committee and its task forces.
The terms of reference of the committee are in the Annex.
Ends/Friday, June 29, 2018
Issued at HKT 17:01
Issued at HKT 17:01