Sport For All Day 2018 to provide programmes and facilities for free on August 5
"Stay Active, Healthy and Happy!" has been adopted as the slogan to promote the event and publicise the benefits of regular exercise. This concise and catchy slogan aims to convey to the public that daily exercise is advantageous to both body and mind and to encourage them to do more exercise in their daily lives.
On August 5, various free recreation and sports programmes will be offered at designated venues in the 18 districts, and most of the leisure facilities of the LCSD will be open for use by the public free of charge.
Enrolment for the free programmes will start from 8.30am on July 16 (Monday) at respective LCSD District Leisure Services Offices and designated venues in the 18 districts on a first-come, first-served basis. These programmes include:
- Health talks and exercise demonstrations
- Fitness corners
- Sports activities for parents and children
- Sports play-in sessions
- Activities for persons with disabilities
- Shuttlecock demonstrations and play-ins
The fee-charging leisure facilities that will be open for free use by the public on Sport For All Day on August 5 include:
- Indoor leisure facilities: badminton courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, netball courts, volleyball courts, squash courts, table tennis tables, American pool tables, billiard tables, sport climbing walls, bowling greens, golf facilities, fitness rooms, activity rooms, dance rooms and a cycling track
- Outdoor leisure facilities: tennis courts, tennis practice courts, bowling greens, batting cages, sport climbing walls, archery ranges, rope courses and golf facilities (excluding camp facilities, sports grounds, artificial and natural turf pitches)
- Public swimming pools (excluding Wan Chai Swimming Pool)
- Crafts of water sports centres
Booking for free use of available leisure facilities can be made at Leisure Link booking counters at LCSD venues in various districts (except self-service kiosks) starting from 9am on July 29 (Sunday). Only one session per person is allowed, irrespective of the type of facility. No prior booking is required for the public swimming pool facilities. Members of the public may line up at the entrances of the swimming pools for free admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
For details of the free programmes and facilities for free use, please refer to the attachment 1, visit the Sport For All Day designated website: www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/sfad or call 2414 5555 for enquiries.
The LCSD has also invited the 18 District Councils, National Sports Associations, district sports associations, community sports clubs and community sport organisations, as well as privately run sports clubs and health centres to organise free activities and offer free facilities for the public to enjoy on August 5 in support of the event.
Sport For All Day 2018 is co-organised by the Department of Health; the Sports Medicine Team of the Chinese University of Hong Kong; the Sports Medicine and Health Science Alumni Association of the Chinese University of Hong Kong; the Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China; the Hong Kong Paralympic Committee and Sports Association for the Physically Disabled; the Hong Kong Sports Association for Persons with Intellectual Disability; and the Hong Kong Shuttlecock Association Limited.
Ends/Thursday, June 21, 2018
Issued at HKT 15:00
Issued at HKT 15:00