Special traffic arrangements on Sunday
Queen’s Road West between Belcher’s Street and Praya, Kennedy Town will be closed from 9am to 6pm.
The following roads will be closed from 1pm to 5.30pm:
- Queen’s Road West between Hill Road and Belcher’s Street; and
- Belcher’s Street between Queen’s Road West and Collinson Street.
Hill Road between Queen’s Road West and Pokfulam Road will be closed from 1.45pm to 2.30pm.
Traffic along westbound Queen’s Road West heading for Praya, Kennedy Town must turn left to southbound Belcher’s Street from 9am to 1pm.
The following traffic diversions will be implemented from 1pm to 5.30pm:
- Traffic along westbound Queen’s Road West must turn right to northbound Hill Road; and
- Traffic along northbound Hill Road cannot turn left to westbound Queen’s Road West.
The following traffic diversions will be implemented from 1.45pm to 2.30pm:
- Traffic along southbound Pokfulam Road cannot turn right to Hill Road; and
- Traffic along westbound Bonham Road cannot go straight to Hill Road.
Suspension of parking spaces
All on-street parking spaces, metered parking spaces and motorcycle parking spaces along Hill Road will be suspended from 11am to 3pm.
Intermittent road closure
The following roads will be intermittently closed from 11am until the crowd is dispersed and traffic resumes normal:
- Eastbound Des Voeux Road Central;
- Eastbound Queensway between Des Voeux Road Central and Tamar Street;
- Southbound Murray Road;
- Southbound Cotton Tree Drive;
- Northbound Tamar Street; and
- If necessary, fast lane of Garden Road flyover.
Vehicles may not be permitted to leave car parks along the route during the road closure period.
Actual implementation of the traffic arrangements will be made depending on traffic and crowd conditions in the area. Motorists are advised to exercise tolerance and patience and take heed of instructions of the Police on site.
Ends/Friday, November 24, 2017
Issued at HKT 17:47
Issued at HKT 17:47