Go to main content
About 5 100 vacancies on offer at Career Expo for Middle-aged and Elderly Employment
     The Labour Department will hold a career expo at Southorn Stadium in Wan Chai on November 21 and 22.

     With the theme of "Middle-aged and Elderly Employment", the Expo aims to enhance the employment opportunities of mature job seekers. A total of 71 organisations will participate in the Expo. Sixty-seven participating organisations will set up counters and conduct on-the-spot recruitment. They mainly come from the catering, retail and property management industries, offering about 5 100 vacancies for middle-aged and elderly job seekers.

     In addition, four training organisations will provide information on training courses to job seekers. Two career talks will also be staged, namely a sharing session by noted actor Lau Dan on career experience on November 21 and a session on new employment opportunities for mature workers on November 22.

     The vacancies offered cover a wide variety of positions such as clerk, customer services assistant, shop assistant, cinema staff, security guard, bus captain, operation assistant (in-patient services), barista, cook, waiter/waitress, technician, packaging worker and others. Job seekers can find more information on the department's Interactive Employment Service website (www.jobs.gov.hk).

     Around 76 per cent of the vacancies are full-time jobs. Most vacancies offer monthly salaries ranging from $8,000 to $16,000. The remaining 24 per cent of the vacancies are part-time jobs, with more flexible working hours. About 99 per cent of the vacancies require a Secondary Six education level or below. Around 74 per cent are open to job seekers who may lack relevant experience.

     Job seekers can submit applications on the spot and may be selected for on-site interviews. They can also register for employment services at the Labour Department's counter.

     The Expo will be held from 11am to 5.30pm at 1/F, Southorn Stadium, 111 Johnston Road, Wan Chai. Admission is free.
Ends/Saturday, November 18, 2017
Issued at HKT 11:00
Today's Press Releases