Go to main content
About 2 500 vacancies on offer at Job Fair for Middle-aged and Elderly Employment
     The Labour Department will hold a large-scale job fair at Tuen Mun Town Hall on July 28.

     With the theme of "Middle-aged and Elderly Employment", the job fair aims to enhance the employment opportunities of mature job seekers. A total of 23 organisations, mainly from the catering, retail and property management industries, offering about 2 500 vacancies, will participate at the fair. Participating organisations will set up counters and conduct on-the-spot recruitment.

     The vacancies offered cover a wide variety of positions such as customer advisor, station assistant, bus captain, elderly sitter, shop assistant, barista, cook, waiter/waitress, security guard, technician, mechanic, clerical officer, packaging worker and more. Job seekers can find more information on the department's Interactive Employment Service website (www.jobs.gov.hk).

     Around 58 per cent of the vacancies are full-time jobs, most of which offer monthly salaries ranging from $8,000 to $16,000. The remaining 42 per cent of the vacancies are part-time jobs, with more flexible working hours. About 99 per cent of the vacancies require a Secondary Six education level or below. Around 78 per cent are open to job seekers who may lack relevant experience.

     Job seekers can submit applications on the spot and may be selected for on-site interviews. They can also register for employment services and make enquiries on the Work Incentive Transport Subsidy Scheme at the Labour Department's counter.

     The job fair will be held from 11am to 5.30pm at the Exhibition Gallery, 1/F, Tuen Mun Town Hall, 3 Tuen Hi Road, Tuen Mun. Admission is free.
Ends/Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Issued at HKT 11:00
Today's Press Releases