LCSD offers free recreation and sports programmes and free use of leisure facilities on Sport For All Day on August 6
The annual Sport For All Day is organised to encourage people of all ages and those with disabilities to maintain a healthy lifestyle by participating in various sports activities and fostering the habit of exercising for at least half an hour a day.
This year's Sport For All Day, with dance as its main theme, is one of the celebration events for the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. An easy-to-learn theme dance featuring simple steps has also been developed for people to practise anytime and anywhere to share the joy.
On the day, a series of free recreation and sports programmes will also be offered at designated LCSD venues across the 18 districts to invite all members of the public to participate in sports activities.
Enrolment for the free programmes will start from 8.30am on July 17 (Monday) at respective LCSD District Leisure Services Offices and designated venues in the 18 districts on a first-come, first-served basis. These programmes include:
- Dance demonstrations and participation activities;
- Health talks and exercise demonstrations;
- Fitness corners;
- Sports activities for parents and children;
- Sports participation sessions; and
- Activities for persons with disabilities.
Another major attraction of Sport For All Day is the opening of the LCSD's fee-charging leisure facilities for free use by the public on August 6. These facilities include:
- Indoor leisure facilities: badminton courts, tennis courts, basketball courts, netball courts, volleyball courts, squash courts, table tennis tables, American pool tables, billiard tables, sport climbing walls, bowling greens, golf facilities, fitness rooms, activity rooms, dance rooms and cycling tracks;
- Outdoor leisure facilities: tennis courts, tennis practice courts, bowling greens, batting cages, sport climbing walls, archery ranges, rope course and golf facilities (excluding camp facilities, sports grounds and artificial and natural turf pitches);
- Public swimming pools (excluding Wan Chai Swimming Pool); and
- Craft at water sports centres.
Bookings for free use of available leisure facilities can be made at Leisure Link booking counters at the LCSD's venues in various districts (except self-service kiosks) starting from 9am on July 30 (Sunday). Only one session per person is allowed, irrespective of the type of facility.
No prior booking is required for the public swimming pool facilities. Members of the public may line up at the entrances of the swimming pools for free admission on a first-come, first-served basis.
For details of the free programmes and facilities for free use, please refer to the attachment, visit the Sport For All Day designated website at www.lcsd.gov.hk/en/sfad or call 2414 5555 for enquiries.
The LCSD has also invited the 18 District Councils, National Sports Associations, district sports associations, community sports clubs and community sport organisations, as well as privately run sports clubs and health centres, to organise free activities and offer free facilities for the public to enjoy on August 6 in support of the event.
Sport For All Day 2017 is co-organised by the Department of Health; the Sports Medicine Team of the Chinese University of Hong Kong; the Sports Medicine and Health Science Alumni Association of the Chinese University of Hong Kong; the Physical Fitness Association of Hong Kong, China; the Hong Kong Paralympic Committee and Sports Association for the Physically Disabled; the Hong Kong Sports Association for Persons with Intellectual Disability; and the Hong Kong Dance Federation.
Ends/Thursday, June 1, 2017
Issued at HKT 16:00
Issued at HKT 16:00