Police will implement special traffic arrangements tomorrow (April 25) to facilitate the holding of a ceremony at the Cenotaph of Statue Square in Central.
The following road closure and traffic diversions will be implemented from 6.15am to 6.45am:
- Westbound Chater Road between Murray Road and Jackson Road;
- Chater Road between Ice House Street and Jackson Road;
- Jackson Road between Chater Road and Connaught Road Central;
- Southbound Ice House Street between Connaught Road Central and Chater Road; and
- Connaught Road Central between Harcourt Road and Ice House Street will be closed for a short period of time at around 6.30am.
- Traffic along Lambeth Walk will be diverted to southbound Murray Road;
- Traffic along westbound Connaught Road Central cannot turn left to southbound Ice House Street;
- Traffic along eastbound Chater Road will be diverted to northbound Ice House Street;
- Traffic along northbound Ice House Street cannot turn right to eastbound Chater Road; and
- Traffic along Harcourt Road will be diverted to southbound Cotton Tree Drive or Man Kwong Street for a short period of time at around 6.30am.
In addition, the lay-by at Jackson Road between Chater Road and Connaught Road Central will be suspended between 6am and 8am.
Actual implementation of the traffic arrangements will be made depending on traffic and crowd conditions in the area. Motorists are advised to exercise tolerance and patience and take heed of instructions of the Police on site.
Issued at HKT 17:41