Police will implement special traffic arrangements this Sunday (April 2) to facilitate two public events to be held on Hong Kong Island.
The general pick-up / drop-off and loading / unloading area on Lung Wo Road north of Star Ferry Multi-Storey Car Park will be closed from 1am to 12.30pm. All motorcycle parking spaces at the said area will also be suspended.
The following traffic arrangements will be implemented from 5am to noon:
- Edinburgh Place east and north of City Hall, except for vehicles leaving City Hall car park;
- Lung Wo Road, except the slow lane of westbound Lung Wo Road between Tim Wa Avenue and Edinburgh Place;
- Yiu Sing Street; and
- the slow lane of southbound Man Yiu Street from its junction with Lung Wo Road to a point about 40 metres north of the same junction.
- Traffic along southbound Man Yiu Street cannot turn left to Lung Wo Road;
- Traffic along southbound Man Yiu Street cannot turn left to Yiu Sing Street;
- Traffic along eastbound Man Cheung Street cannot enter Lung Wo Road and must turn to Man Yiu Street;
- Traffic along eastbound Man Po Street cannot enter Yiu Sing Street and must turn to Man Yiu Street;
- Traffic along Edinburgh Place east of City Hall cannot enter Lung Wo Road;
- Traffic along northbound Legislative Council Road cannot turn left to westbound Lung Wo Road. Traffic will be diverted to southbound Legislative Council Road;
- Traffic along eastbound Lung Wui Road cannot enter westbound Lung Wo Road; and
- Traffic along westbound Fenwick Pier Street cannot enter westbound Lung Wo Road.
All vehicles parked illegally would be towed away without prior notice.
Actual implementation of the traffic arrangements will be made depending on traffic and crowd conditions in the area. Motorists are advised to exercise tolerance and patience and take heed of instructions of the Police on site.
Issued at HKT 18:05