Application for list of establishments from Central Register of Establishments
The Register serves mainly as the sampling frame for various economic surveys conducted by the department. In addition, many other government departments and private organisations also make use of the disclosable particulars kept in the Register for their surveys, publicity, business promotion, customer classification and research work. These disclosable particulars cover the name, address, type of business and employment size class of the establishments. They are available to the public in the following two forms.
20% sample listing
A sample listing containing 20% of the records randomly selected from the Register, together with disclosable particulars of the establishments, is available to users. Users may apply for all or part of the records in the 20% sample listing in writing by providing the following information:
* Particulars of the applicant (including name, position, organisation, address, telephone, fax and email);
* Details of the project (including name, purpose, expected completion date, and specifications of information required such as industries, employment sizes and districts); and
* Medium of delivering the information (e.g. photocopy or CD-R and file format such as Visual FoxPro, Excel or text, if applicable).
The application can be faxed to 2827 2296, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to the Employment Statistics and Central Register of Establishments Section, Census and Statistics Department, 20/F, Wanchai Tower, 12 Harbour Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
The information can be supplied in the form of CD-R or photocopies at the following rates:
* CD-R - a charge of about $1,500 per listing, compiled to the user's requirements (exact amount depending on the complexity of the job concerned);
* Photocopies - a ready, standard listing is available for photocopying (in part if desired). A charge of $1.20 per page is levied.
Matching operation with specified establishments
Users may apply to conduct matching operations for a list of establishments in their databases and then extract disclosable particulars for the matched establishments from the Register. The matching operation will be done using the application programme supplied by the user and conducted on the computing facilities in the Department. Both the name and address of establishment will be used as matching keys.
Users may apply for this service item by submitting a proposal of the matching operation to the department. The proposal should cover the intended use of the information derived from the matching operation, the specifications of the establishment database provided by the user, the details of the matching process and the specifications of the output data.
The information can be supplied in the form of CD-R. A charge will be levied at the following rates:
* a minimum charge of about $4,600 for the service required (exact amount depending on the complexity of the matching operation conducted); plus
* $1 per matched record with information supplied to the user.
Further details about the above service items can be obtained from the Employment Statistics and Central Register of Establishments Section of the department at Tel: 2582 4760; fax: 2827 2296; or email: email@example.com.
Ends/Monday, March 13, 2017
Issued at HKT 16:30
Issued at HKT 16:30