Traditional Chinese Simplified Chinese Email this article
Applications for flag days in 2017-18

     Charitable organisations wishing to hold flag days between April 2017 and March 2018 are invited to apply to the Social Welfare Department (SWD) between April 18 and May 17 this year.

     To enable more organisations to solicit donation through flag sales, 29 flag days in 2017-18 will be assigned as regional flag days so that three organisations can sell flags concurrently on these days, one each on Hong Kong Island, in Kowloon and the New Territories. There will also be 29 territory-wide flag days to be held in the year.

     A department spokesman said today (April 18) that applicant organisations must be bona-fide non-profit-making organisations exempt from tax under Section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance (Cap.112) and, after their registration for tax exemption, have organised charitable activities in each of the past three years. Applicant organisations should refer to the eligibility criteria as detailed in the "Explanatory Notes for Application for Flag Days in 2017-18".

     "Flag Day applications will be considered by the Lotteries Fund Advisory Committee according to the organisation's integrity and management capability, the nature, value and standard of its existing services, its financial need and ability to organise a flag day etc.," the spokesman said.

     Application form for flag days together with the "Explanatory Notes for Application for Flag Days in 2017-18" can be downloaded from the SWD's website at or obtained from the Lotteries Fund Projects Section of SWD at Rooms 3601-02, 36/F, Sunlight Tower, 248 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong from April 18 to May 17 this year.

     The completed application form together with the required documents should reach the department at the above address by 6pm on May 17 this year. Late applications will not be considered.

     "Applicant organisations will be informed of the results around October this year," the spokesman said.

     Enquiries can be made by telephone to 2832 4318 or 2832 4301, or fax to 2838 0441, or email to

Ends/Monday, April 18, 2016
Issued at HKT 09:36


Print this page