Traditional Chinese Simplified Chinese Email this article
About 1 200 vacancies on offer at Job Fair for Middle-aged and Elderly Employment

     The Labour Department will hold a large-scale job fair at Lok Fu Plaza on September 10.

     With a theme of "Middle-aged and Elderly Employment", the job fair aims to enhance the employment opportunities of mature job seekers. A total of 15 organisations, mainly from the catering, retail and transport industries, offering about 1 200 vacancies, will participate at the fair. Participating organisations will set up counters and conduct on-the-spot recruitment.

     The vacancies offered cover a wide variety of positions such as clerk, library assistant, domestic helper, traditional Chinese medicine dispenser, repair services operator, shop assistant, cook, technician, driver, storekeeper, towel attendant, cleaner and more. Job seekers can find more information on the department's Interactive Employment Service website (

     Around 43 per cent of the vacancies are full-time jobs, most of which offer monthly salaries ranging from $8,000 to $15,000. The remaining 57 per cent of the vacancies are part-time jobs, with more flexible working hours. About 99 per cent of the vacancies require a Secondary Six education level or below. Around 73 per cent are open to job seekers who may lack relevant experience.

     Job seekers can submit applications on the spot and may be selected for on-site interviews. They can also register for employment services and enquire about the Work Incentive Transport Subsidy Scheme at the Labour Department's counter.

     The job fair will be held from 11am to 5.30pm at the Atrium, UG 2/F, Zone B, Lok Fu Plaza, 198 Junction Road, Kowloon. Admission is free.

Ends/Tuesday, September 8, 2015
Issued at HKT 11:30


Print this page