Traditional Chinese Simplified Chinese Email this article
Scholarships on agricultural products and marine fish on offer

     Eligible persons are invited to apply for scholarships and grants under the Agricultural Products Scholarship Fund and the Marine Fish Scholarship Fund.

     "The funds, set up in 1978, serve to help those who want to pursue a career in local agricultural and fisheries industries or related trades upon completion of their studies, and those who are employed in the field and their families," a spokesman for the two scholarship fund advisory committees said today (June 28).

     The award for tertiary education is tenable for a full-time degree or sub-degree at eight local tertiary institutions funded by the University Grants Committee, the Hong Kong Shue Yan University, the Open University of Hong Kong, the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education and other recognised overseas institutions.

     Those employed in local agricultural and fisheries industries or related trades and their families may apply. Those who study the following courses may also apply: agriculture, veterinary science, horticulture, agronomy, international agribusiness management, fisheries science, marine biology, fisheries technology or other applied science subjects directly related to the industries or related trades. Applications from students pursuing or intending to pursue a second bachelor's degree, research or post-graduate programme will not be considered.

     Local full-time students admitted to Secondary four to seven this September whose families are involved in agricultural and fisheries production or marketing in Hong Kong may apply for the scholarships for secondary education.

     All applicants should have the right of abode, or should have resided in Hong Kong continuously for three years immediately prior to the start of the course for which they are applying.

     The closing date for applications is August 31. Application forms are available on the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department's homepage ( and at its headquarters, 5/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon.

     The forms can also be obtained from the Department's Agricultural Extension Office in Yuen Long, the Vegetable Marketing Organization's office in Cheung Sha Wan Wholesale Vegetable Market, and the six Fisheries Liaison Offices in Tai Po, Castle Peak, Aberdeen, Shau Kei Wan, Cheung Chau and Sai Kung. For enquiries, please call 2150 6698.

Ends/Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Issued at HKT 14:01


Print this page