Traditional Chinese Simplified Chinese Email this article
Primary One allocation results to be released on Saturday

     The Education Bureau reminded parents today (June 2) that results of the Central Allocation for entering Primary One in September this year will be released on Saturday (June 4).

     "A total of 22,003 children took part in the Central Allocation for Primary One admission (POA). About 80% of them, 17,024 children, were allocated to schools of their first three choices," a spokesman for the bureau said.

     "Taking into account discretionary places and the number of children allocated to schools of their first three choices, the overall satisfaction rate is about 90%."

     Under the existing POA system, 10% of the places for Central Allocation (Category A places) are earmarked for unrestricted school choices. The remaining 90% of the places (Category B) are for parents to choose schools in their home school net. Of the children allocated places in the Central Allocation, 2,471 are under Category A and 19,532 are under Category B.

     "Among those applicants who made unrestricted school choices, about 80% chose schools in their home net as the first choice. This shows parents tend to send their children to a school near their residence," the spokesman said.

     Parents who completed a Choice of Schools Form for Central Allocation in January are advised to return to the Central Allocation Centre of their home school net on Saturday or Sunday (June 4 or June 5) from 9.30am to 12.30pm, or 1.30pm to 4.30pm, to collect the Primary One Registration Form. They should bring their copy of the Application Form for Admission to Primary One or the Choice of Schools Form for identification purposes.

     The Primary One Registration Form will show the name and address of the school to which the children are allocated, together with the dates for registration and some notes for parents. Parents are requested to complete the registration formalities on Tuesday (June 7) or Wednesday (June 8). Registration hours are as follows:

AM schools: 9am to noon
PM schools: 2pm to 5pm
Whole-day schools: 9am to noon and 2pm to 4pm

     If parents cannot register their child with the allocated school on the specified dates, they must contact the school beforehand to make alternative arrangements, or they will forfeit the place allocated.

     Upon registration, the Primary One Registration Form should be surrendered to the school. Parents should note that all places allocated are final. Requests for reallocation will not be entertained.

     Should parents decide to give up the place allocated in the case of special difficulties, such as moving to another school net far from the school allocated, they need not register their child with the school. They are advised to go to the School Places Allocation Section, 2/F, Lui Kee Education Services Centre, 269 Queen's Road East, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, to make necessary arrangements. They should bring along the Primary One Registration Form, the original and copies of documents showing proof of the new address, such as a rental contract, rates demand notes, or water or electricity bills bearing the name of the parent or the guardian of the child.

     If parents find it necessary to transfer their child to another school after registration, they are strongly advised to get some assurance of acceptance before they retrieve the Primary One Registration Form from the original school because retrieval of the registration form means cancellation of the allocated school place.

     In the event of inclement weather on the day for announcement of results or on the day(s) designated for registration, parents should listen to announcements on radio and television for special arrangements.

     Parents wishing to obtain general information regarding POA procedures can call the 24-hour enquiry service of the Education Bureau at 2891 0088. Further enquiries can be made to the School Places Allocation Section at 2832 7610 (for Hong Kong Island), 2832 7620 (for Kowloon), 2832 7635 (for New Territories West and Islands), 2832 7659 (for New Territories East and Tsuen Wan) and 2832 7700/2832 7740 (for general enquiries) during office hours as well as from 9am to 4.30pm on June 4 and 5.

Ends/Thursday, June 2, 2011
Issued at HKT 15:31


Print this page