(Appointed by the Chief Executive)
||Quality Migrants and Mainland Residents Section,
6/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road,
Wan Chai, Hong Kong.
- Mr. CHOW Chung-kong, G.B.S., J.P. (Chairperson)
- Ms. Rainy CHAN Nor-ka
- Mrs. Lillian OKUSAKO CHAN Pui-shan
- Professor Anthony CHAN Tak-cheung
- Dr. Wilco CHAN Wai-hung
- Professor CHENG Shuk-han
- Professor CHEUNG Siu-yin, M.H.
- Mr. CHONG Man-keung, M.H.
- Mr. David HO Chi-hoo, B.B.S.
- Dr. HUNG Keung
- Mr. KO Tin-lung
- Mr. Edmund LAM Siu-chung
- Mr. Sunny LEE Wai-kwong, J.P.
- Dr. Edward LO Wai-chau
- Mr. William MA Wing-kai
- Ms. Malina NGAI Man-lin, J.P.
- Dr. PAN Pey-chyou, B.B.S.
- Ms. SO Ching
- Ms. Ellen TSANG Fung-chu
- Representative from Labour and Welfare Bureau
- Representative from Labour Department
- Representative from Security Bureau
||Chief Immigration Officer
(Quality Migrants and Mainland Residents)
(Tel.: 2294 2050)
(Fax: 2119 0522)
Terms of Reference
To advise the Director of Immigration on :
- implementation of the Quality Migrant Admission Scheme (QMAS), including allocation of quota under the QMAS to the most meritorious applicants having regard to sectoral mix of the shortlisted candidates, the socio-economic needs of Hong Kong in the short and longer-term, and other relevant factors; and
- implementation of the Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals (ASMTP), in particular whether applications under the ASMTP are worthy of support having regard to (i) to (iii) -
- has a good education background, normally a first degree
in the relevant field, but in special circumstances, good
technical qualifications, proven professional abilities and/
or relevant experience and achievements supported by
documentary evidence may also be accepted;
- is or will be employed in a job relevant to his academic
qualifications or working experience which cannot be
readily taken up by the local work force; and
- is remunerated (including income, accommodation,
medical and other fringe benefits) at a rate broadly
commensurate with the prevailing market level for
professionals in Hong Kong.