Rates and Government rent due October 31
The demand notes reflect the rates concession for this quarter, subject to a ceiling of $1,000 for each rateable tenement. Any unused portion of the concession in this quarter will not be used to offset the outstanding rates in any other quarter. The concession does not apply to payment of Government rent.
Payment can be made:
(1) by using autopay or electronic means (such as PPS, bank automated teller machines or the Internet);
(2) by uploading an e-Cheque/e-Cashier's Order via the Pay e-Cheque portal www.payecheque.gov.hk;
(3) by sending a crossed cheque to the Treasury, PO Box 28000, Gloucester Road Post Office, Hong Kong (please note that mail with underpaid postage will be rejected); or
(4) in person at any of the post offices or designated convenience stores. For the addresses and opening hours of post offices, please call Hongkong Post's hotline (2921 2222), or visit www.hongkongpost.hk.
If demand notes have not been received, members of the public may call 2152 0111, fax 2152 0113, or visit the Rating and Valuation Department, 15/F, Cheung Sha Wan Government Offices, 303 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon.
Members of the public can also visit the department's website at www.rvd.gov.hk to obtain replacement demand notes or take a demand note for any previous quarter to any of the following post offices, where replacement demand notes can be obtained and payment can be made:
(1) General Post Office, 2 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong;
(2) Gloucester Road Post Office, 1/F, Revenue Tower, 5 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong;
(3) Kowloon Central Post Office, G/F, Kowloon Government Offices, 405 Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon;
(4) Tsim Sha Tsui Post Office, G/F and 1/F, Hermes House, 10 Middle Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon.
A surcharge of 5 per cent will be imposed for late payment and a further surcharge of 10 per cent will be levied on the amount (including the 5 per cent surcharge) that remains unpaid six months after the payment deadline.
It is convenient and environmentally friendly to receive the bill through eRVD Bill Service. Please register for the service at www.rvd.gov.hk.
To avoid the inconvenience of queuing, payers are urged to pay by autopay, PPS, ATM, the Internet or e-Cheque/e-Cashier's Order. Application forms for autopay are obtainable from the Rating and Valuation Department, District Offices and major banks in Hong Kong or by telephoning 2152 0111. Payers may also download the form from the department's website.
Ends/Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Issued at HKT 12:40
Issued at HKT 12:40