Police will implement special traffic arrangements to facilitate two public events to be held on Hong Kong Island this Sunday (July 23).
The following traffic arrangements will be implemented from 5am to 12.30pm:
- Eastbound Lung Wo Road between Man Yiu Street and Lung Wui Road;
- Eastbound and southbound Yiu Sing Street;
- The slow lane of southbound Man Yiu Street from its junction with Yiu Sing Street to a point about 30 metres north of the same junction;
- The slow lane of southbound Man Yiu Street from its junction with Lung Wo Road to a point about 20 metres north of the same junction; and
- The slow lane of eastbound Man Po Street from its junction with Man Yiu Street to a point about 85 metres west of the same junction.
- Traffic along southbound Man Yiu Street cannot turn left to eastbound Lung Wo Road;
- Traffic along southbound Man Yiu Street cannot turn left to Yiu Sing Street;
- Traffic along eastbound Man Cheung Street cannot enter eastbound Lung Wo Road;
- Traffic along eastbound Man Po Street cannot enter Yiu Sing Street; and
- Affected vehicles along eastbound Lung Wo Road or Yiu Sing Street heading for eastbound Lung Wui Road will be diverted via southbound Man Yiu Street, eastbound Connaught Place, eastbound Connaught Road Central, eastbound Harcourt Road and northbound Tim Mei Avenue.
Intermittent road closure
The following roads will be intermittently closed from 2pm until the crowd is dispersed and traffic resumes normal:
- Kam Hong Street;
- Westbound King’s Road;
- Westbound Causeway Road;
- Westbound Irving Street;
- Northbound Pennington Street;
- Westbound Yee Wo Street;
- Westbound Jardine’s Bazaar;
- Westbound Hennessy Road;
- Westbound Queensway;
- Westbound Queen’s Road Central;
- Westbound Queen’s Road West; and
- Leftmost lane of westbound Connaught Road West flyover between Eastern Street and Chiu Kwong Street.
Chiu Kwong Street between Queen’s Road West and Des Voeux Road West will be closed from 1pm to 8pm.
Chiu Kwong Street between Connaught Road West and Des Voeux Road West will be closed from 4.30pm to 8pm.
Vehicles may not be permitted to leave car parks along the closed roads during the road closure period.
Actual implementation of the traffic arrangements will be made depending on traffic and crowd conditions in the area. Motorists are advised to exercise tolerance and patience and take heed of instructions of the Police on site.
Issued at HKT 17:32