Land Registry releases statistics for April
* The number of sale and purchase agreements for all building units received for registration in April was 8,984 (+18.1 per cent compared with March and +60.1 per cent compared with April 2016)
* The 12-month moving average for April was 7,163 (4.1 per cent above the 12-month moving average for March and 39.0 per cent above that for April 2016)
* The total consideration for sale and purchase agreements in April was $88.0 billion (+42.9 per cent compared with March and +108.1 per cent compared with April 2016)
* Among the sale and purchase agreements, 7,060 were for residential units (+20.6 per cent compared with March and +57.1 per cent compared with April 2016)
* The total consideration for sale and purchase agreements in respect of residential units was $69.6 billion (+38.1 per cent compared with March and +101.7 per cent compared with April 2016)
Statistics on sales of residential units do not include sale and purchase agreements relating to sales of units under the Home Ownership Scheme, the Private Sector Participation Scheme and the Tenants Purchase Scheme unless the premium of the unit concerned has been paid after the sale restriction period.
Figures on sale and purchase agreements received for the past 12 months, the year-on-year rate of change and breakdown figures on residential sales have also been released.
As deeds may not be lodged with the Land Registry until up to 30 days after the transaction, these statistics generally relate to land transactions in the previous month.
* The number of searches of land registers made by the public in April was 407,234 (-15.9 per cent compared with March but +7.7 per cent compared with April 2016)
The statistics cover searches made at the counter, through the self-service terminals and via the Integrated Registration Information System Online Services.
Ends/Thursday, May 4, 2017
Issued at HKT 15:00
Issued at HKT 15:00