In regard to the suspension of services at the Central Government Offices (CGO) at Tamar caused by protesters blocking the CGO and the Chief Executive's Office (CEO) and obstructing the Police in delivering food and water, changing shifts and transporting the sick out of the premises, the Government issued another stern warning to the protesters today (October 3) and urged them to stop such acts immediately.
The behaviour of these protesters is illegal, extremely unreasonable and inhumane, and is even worse than that of radical social activists and almost complete anarchy. Their beliefs have deviated from the aspirations of the "Occupy Central" movement.
As such, the government spokesman raised the following six demands to protesters surrounding the CGO and the CEO:
(1) Protesters should stop acts of obstructing police officers and government officers as well as supplies from getting in and out of the CGO and the CEO;
(2) Those at the scene include university students and secondary students wearing school uniform. For the sake of student protesters, parents and teachers should advise them to leave as soon as possible;
(3) Other protesters at the scene should leave immediately;
(4) Media representatives should pay attention to their personal security;
(5) Parents and teachers should stop young people from taking part in the protest; and
(6) Organisers of "Occupy Central" and other supportive organisations involved should fulfil their moral obligation to inform the protesters to dismiss as early as possible.
The Government and the Police will classify protesters at the above-mentioned important government premises and people gathering in other areas into different groups. People assembling peacefully will be accorded the greatest possible tolerance. However, those continuously causing obstruction to the normal operation of the CGO will absolutely not be tolerated for long. Nonsensical acts of obstructing the Police and other public officers carrying out their duties to serve the community will not be tolerated. People gathering in the vicinity of the CGO and the CEO will be dealt with resolutely in accordance with the law.
Ends/Friday, October 3, 2014
Issued at HKT 19:16