The Land Registry today (May 4) released its statistics for April 2011.
* The number of sale and purchase agreements for all building units received for registration in April was 10,386 (-23.1% compared with March and -27.4% compared with April 2010)
* The 12-month moving average for April was 13,011 (2.4% below the 12-month moving average for March and 0.4% below that for April 2010)
* The total consideration of sale and purchase agreements in April was $53.1 billion (-23.4% compared with March and -16.7% compared with April 2010)
* Among the sale and purchase agreements, 7,635 were for residential units (-27% compared with March and -37.6% compared with April 2010)
* The total consideration for sale and purchase agreements in respect of residential units was $39 billion (-24.8% compared with March and -26.8% compared with April 2010)
Sales of residential units refer to sale and purchase agreements with payment of stamp duty. These statistics do not include the sale of units under the Home Ownership Scheme, the Private Sector Participation Scheme and the Tenants Purchase Scheme except those after payment of premium.
Figures on sale and purchase agreements received for the past 12 months, the year-on-year rate of change and breakdown figures on residential sales are also released.
As deeds may not be lodged with the Land Registry until up to 30 days after the transaction, these statistics generally relate to land transactions in the previous month.
* The number of searches of land registers made by the public in April was 444,632 (-21% compared with March and -10.7% compared with April 2010)
The statistics cover searches made at the counter, through the self-service terminals and the Integrated Registration Information System (IRIS) Online Services.
Ends/Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Issued at HKT 17:01