(Appointed by the Secretary for Labour and Welfare)
||Criminal and Law Enforcement Injuries
Social Welfare Department,
Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East,
- Mr. Eric KWOK Tung-ming, B.B.S., S.C. (Chairman)
- Dr. Hopkins CHAN Chi-mong, J.P.
- Mr. CHAN Chung
- Miss CHAN Kit-yin
- Mr. CHAN Yue-chow
- Dr. Brian CHAU
- Miss Vena CHENG Wei-yan
- Ms. Diana CHEUNG Han-chu
- Mr. CHIU Shing-hoi
- Mr. CHUA Guan-hock, S.C.
- Ms. CHU Koh-ann
- Dr. Theresa CUNANAN
- Mr. Mohan DATWANI
- Miss HO Yuen-han
- Ms. IP Mei-ho
- Miss Anita Kwok Ying-ying
- Ms. Carine LAM Chuen-wa
- Mr. Paul LAM Ting-kwok, S.C.
- Dr. Kevin LAU Chung-hang
- Ms. Monita LAU Wai-yee
- Professor LEE Mei-chun
- Dr. Kennth LEUNG Kin-nin
- Dr. Jess LEUNG Lam-ming
- Dr. Emmy LI Yuen-mei
- Dr. Annissa LUI Wai-ling, J.P.
- Mr. Bernard Jaun MAK Siu-cheung
- Mr. Jason POW Wing-nin, S.C.
- Dr. Karen SHUM Hau-yan
- Mr. Devin SIO Chan-in
- Dr. Willian WONG Ming-fung, S.C.
||Senior Social Security Officer (Accident Compensation)
(Tel.: 2832 4617)
(Fax: 2157 0067)
Terms of Reference
The Boards are serviced by the Social Welfare Department and responsible
to the Chief Executive for the administration of the Criminal and Law
Enforcement Injuries Compensation Scheme subject to the principles and
guidelines laid down in the Administrative Document of the Scheme issued
by the Secretary for Labour and Welfare, with the endorsement of the
Chief Executive and/or the Secretary for Financial Services and the
Treasury/Finance Committee of the Legislative Council as appropriate,
with the following specific responsibilities:
- to exercise the functions and powers of the Boards as laid down in the Administrative Document of the Scheme;
- to examine arrangements and procedures for compensating victims of crimes of violence and to advise on the extension or improvement of related matters as the Chief Executive may refer to the Boards or on which the Boards may wish to advise;
- to scrutinise and approve or disapprove and, where necessary, hear applications and appeals for compensation;
- to be entirely responsible for deciding what compensation should be paid to individual victims according to the basis of compensation of the Scheme and also the quantum including such matter as whether the amount should be increased or reduced; and
- the Chairman of the Boards shall submit annually to the Chief Executive a full report on the operation of the Scheme together with its accounts.